• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power Un-lock button

DieselSlug

Reaction score
Here is another problem that just started occurring last week. My interior power door locks will lock the door, but neither of them will un-lock the doors. SO basically the un-lock part of the switches dont work, you cant even hear them click, or try and actuate. Its like the switches are just dead. But the lock parts of the switches both work fine. I am stumped?:confused: Should prolly be in the electrical section, but this seems to me to be a 6.5 thing....

could be the drivers side switch is bad, im pretty sure the passenger side switch runs through the drivers side, so if the DS switch is bad the pass side wont work even if its good.

Both my front locks did the same thing. I replaced both actuators and all is good. Now my back doors are doing it. Time for a change.

I'd pull the modul out of the doors, check for connectivity and then gently disasemble and clean with nylon brush and contact cleaner. #2 pencil erasers work well on the switch contacts. Check to see the push rod is actually doing the work up by the door locks too. I had connectivity but the rods had unseated. they would lock by pushing on the mechanism but were unseated so couldn't pull the them to the unlocked position. Seeing as how it is both though, I'd start with the switches.

I will try new switches first, well junkyard switches and then move on from there. i will keep you all posted.

maybe you got a broke wire in the harnass where it flexes at the door hinge,try working the switches while you open and close the doors

I have to do the same thing on the Burb... Just not enough juice to get them up or down.

... I just don't lock it. Because I doubt anyone in their right minds wants what is in my trucks.

I have to do the same thing on the Burb... Just not enough juice to get them up or down.

... I just don't lock it. Because I doubt anyone in their right minds wants what is in my trucks.

It wouldnt be a problem, but during this semester i am attending a college DEEP in the city. I dont trust anyone down there.... Actuall today i locked my keys in my truck "blonde moment" of the day. Triple a to the rescue, then i went to the hardware store and made a backup door lock key. I was going to go to the junkyard today to get the switches but this incident kinda stopped that....

I have a similar problem, its been this way for the 18 months I've owned it. Driver's side door unlocks but will not lock, no other locks work in either direction. The lift-gate window unlocks with the key fob OK. I don't believe all the locks would go at the same time so I assume its a ground or other wiring problem, I haven't been able to figure it out.

I have a similar problem, its been this way for the 18 months I've owned it. Driver's side door unlocks but will not lock, no other locks work in either direction. The lift-gate window unlocks with the key fob OK. I don't believe all the locks would go at the same time so I assume its a ground or other wiring problem, I haven't been able to figure it out.
You got remote start?

same problems here. I can lock the passenger side and rear doors, but I have to manually lock my drivers side lock everytime. I have a remote keyless entry, and it unlocks everything fine, but when i lock it it still doesnt lock the drivers door. If I try to unlock the passenger door with the switch to let someone in, it doesnt work. I have to use the keyless entry remote?

The actuators are crap! June 2008 my driver's door actuator had to be replaced. Last week the dealer did both of my rear doors. I figure the front passenger one should go somewhere around March, 2010.

There's a doorlock module under the dash,pass side of steering collum,could be the culprit too.
If a doorlock actuator is burnt out, it wont work either way

>doorlock module under the dash,pass side<

I think that is the problem with my locks... Granted it is so far up under the dash I cannot get a good look at it.

Any tips? :)

Side Mirrors

Hate to thread jack, but don't know which forum to post this, so I'll add here. My passenger side mirror no longer works and the driver side only moves slightly from the control. Any ideas how to repair these?

Back