• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Portable 12volt Fuel Transfer Pump

Ray how often you planning on using the pump, I don't know what Northerns price is these days, Northern's isn't a commercial service duty pump, but has worked well in transfer service up to now including today, I only use it for long road trips when I'm traving with the in bed extra tank, no problems thus far out of the pump-hose-nozzle, I cut off my battery clips, installed a 6 pin trailer plug to mate my in bed, and can swap to clips if I need to. Only issue I've had was undersized wire I used for gnd, that melted from heavy current the pump draws I used a 14 ga wire should have been 10, or 12 at minimum

Ray how often you planning on using the pump, I don't know what Northerns price is these days, Northern's isn't a commercial service duty pump, but has worked well in transfer service up to now including today, I only use it for long road trips when I'm traving with the in bed extra tank, no problems thus far out of the pump-hose-nozzle, I cut off my battery clips, installed a 6 pin trailer plug to mate my in bed, and can swap to clips if I need to. Only issue I've had was undersized wire I used for gnd, that melted from heavy current the pump draws I used a 14 ga wire should have been 10, or 12 at minimum
My usage would be pretty much the same as yours. I intend to do the same as you did by installing a trailer plug on the power cord.

I haven't bought it yet, because my travels have been drastically curtailed and money is very tight now. So, I'm still having to haul out the 40 lb 5-gallon fuel containers whenever I need fuel from them, which is a big PITA, but at least it hasn't cost me any more money. Can be hard on the back muscles, though. :smile5:

My usage would be pretty much the same as yours. I intend to do the same as you did by installing a trailer plug on the power cord.

I haven't bought it yet, because my travels have been drastically curtailed and money is very tight now. So, I'm still having to haul out the 40 lb 5-gallon fuel containers whenever I need fuel from them, which is a big PITA, but at least it hasn't cost me any more money. Can be hard on the back muscles, though. :smile5:

Too bad you don't live closer. I would loan you my 3.5 hp trash pump (pumps very fast) when you need it and give you a couple of 55 gallon drums.

I bought a 50 gal transfer tank and installed a pump and used the hot wire from the trailer connector to pump. gives me a range of about 1600 miles

No Ray that's not it. It may not be on thier website but I have the catalog. # in Catalog is GPID12NS. That is with hose and nozzle. You can get the Pump by itself.

No Ray that's not it. It may not be on thier website but I have the catalog. # in Catalog is GPID12NS. That is with hose and nozzle. You can get the Pump by itself.
Well, looks like they may have discontinued it. Entering GPID12NS in their search engine resulted in
"No items were found matching your criteria."
Oh, well! :sad:

Thanks anyway.

Back