• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pondering my brake upgrade options?

Please do, I have my spindles in the machine shop and on Monday they will start cutting on them.
I'll link back here when I do the write up.

Virtually all pads in today's world have ceramic in them, just different amounts. Then the manufacurer may call it ceramic at their own discretion, some say it with less ceramic by percentage than others. I agree with Ferm, Raybestos HD, semi-metallic. I always pre-apply brakes prior to exiting freeway after not using them for a while and I never stop and shut down with really hot brakes.

Anybody used any other brake parts that made a positive impact? There are a lot of brands on autopartswarehouse.com. Has anybody tried them? Brembo, Centric, A1, Powerstop, etc?? Rotors, drums, pads, shoes?
Could this be a good survey??

I have an '05 Mini Cooper S that I rally with--came with Cooper Works brakes made by Centrix, I changed them to Brembo due to fade. In '06 factory did the same. Not the same use as the truck tho, unless you are doing Nationwide or ?? Reality check!!! I use Raybestos semi metallic pads and shoes with Duralast lifetime warranty discs and drums on the Dodge and Ford, haven't needed to do the Chevy yet but will do the same. Reason: Raybestos stops well when cold and doesn't fade easily, also not too bad if wet. I can at least get new discs or drums with no hassle or cost at any Autozone whenever I need them, then all I have in a brake job is my labor and the cost of the pads or shoes.

Just put a set of HAWK "super duty" pads on the front of my 94. New stock rotors. Definitely better stopping power than before.
My preference is bendix for brakes, but it seems we can't get them no more around here.

I couldn't be happier with these RAYBESTOS advanced technologies I put on along with the DURASTOP rear shoes. It actually stops now when I get on em.

Take a scotch brite pad and scuff up the rotors to remove the glazing on the rotors, and you ususally will get poor stoping power when you buy cheap pads

Back