• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll Idea's

What kind of watch do you wear?

Metal band rigid
Metal band expandable
Nylon band
Leather band
Genuine Leather
Pocket Watch
None

I usually wear rigid metal band. Lately have to buy a band to switch watch cause they come with cheap genuine leather band. Nylon/cloth/leather etc all stink too bad after I sweat in them for a week. Have dishwashered the bands but they still stink quickly. I usually wear a Timex Expedition Indiglo dark face SS bezel. About $30 -40 is max cause its going to get scratched and broke in 6 months to a year.

I thought I already suggested this one but search didn't find anything...I may have just thought about it and never actually suggested it...

If your truck has an hour meter, what is the average mph over the lifetime of your truck? (Divide total miles on odometer by total hours)

It has been discussed a couple of times in the forums (and it appears at least a few of us have a misunderstanding of what is considered "a truck with highway miles" and "a truck that has spent it's lifetime idling"...and I think there is some good info to be gotten from this poll.

A two way radio poll

What do you run in your truck in the way of a communications type radio?

CB radio (Citizens Band)
Business and Industrial Commercial (FCC Licensed)
Public Safety Radio (Fire, Police, Public Safety, FCC Licensed)
FRS (Family Radio Service unlicensed, all those cheapish handy talkies are under FRS)
Amateur Radio (aka Ham Radio, requires FCC operators license)
I depend on my cell phone only.
I don't talk on any radio, its of the devil. :reddevil:

Should be a check box poll since you can have more than one. :D

A two way radio poll

What do you run in your truck in the way of a communications type radio?

CB radio (Citizens Band)
Business and Industrial Commercial (FCC Licensed)
Public Safety Radio (Fire, Police, Public Safety, FCC Licensed)
FRS (Family Radio Service unlicensed, all those cheapish handy talkies are under FRS)
Amateur Radio (aka Ham Radio, requires FCC operators license)
I depend on my cell phone only.
I don't talk on any radio, its of the devil. :reddevil:

Should be a check box poll since you can have more than one. :D
Just mark me "All of the above" :hihi:

What size screen do you usually view the forums on, and is it standard or widescreen?

• 7" or smaller
  • 8"-14"
  • 15"-17"
  • 18"-21"
  • 22"-25"
  • 26"-30"
  • 31" or larger
  • Standard width
  • Widescreen

(Obviously the poll needs to be multiple choice with a maximum of two choices)

Eggs, how do you like 'em?

Scrambled
Sunny side up
Over easy
Over medium
Over hard
Soft boiled
Hard boiled
Poached
Benedict
Other

When do you usually fill up / stop for fuel?

1. Near empty E stands for enough
2. 1/8 tank
3. 1/4 tank
4. 3/8 tank
5. 1/2 tank
6. 5/8 tank
7. 3/4 tank
8. When ever I need to stop drink break etc.
9. Fridays / Mondays particular day what ever tank level
10. Every day top off
11. Other

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Near empty E stands for enough
2. 1/8 tank
3. 1/4 tank
4. 3/8 tank
5. 1/2 tank
6. 5/8 tank
7. 3/4 tank
8. When ever I need to stop drink break etc.
9. Fridays / Mondays particular day what ever tank level
10. Every day top off
11. Other

I like this one, but I'd have to answer "other". I usually fill up at 3/4

I started to put 3/4 as an option feel free to edit options and add it.

I have a short bed think its 24 or 26 gallons and filling up at 3/4 is not much range. Also like to add additives and when just adding a little fuel its harder to guesstimate amount to add (I add before filling so diesel washes the additives down the neck and mixes good).

Tank size will probably make the poll a mixed bag.

I pushed it til near empty the other day and don't like to get that low. I usually fill at 3/8-1/4 tank but sometimes push til just under 1/8 to try and purge to the tank some. Was wondering what most of ya'll do.

I started to put 3/4 as an option feel free to edit options and add it.

I have a short bed think its 24 or 26 gallons and filling up at 3/4 is not much range. Also like to add additives and when just adding a little fuel its harder to guesstimate amount to add (I add before filling so diesel washes the additives down the neck and mixes good).

Tank size will probably make the poll a mixed bag.

I pushed it til near empty the other day and don't like to get that low. I usually fill at 3/8-1/4 tank but sometimes push til just under 1/8 to try and purge to the tank some. Was wondering what most of ya'll do.

I fill at around 3/4 (on the gauge) for a few reasons. First, it's an emergency vehicle and I never know when I might have to drive a couple hundred miles. Second, the fuel gauge on this truck has been "wonky" since it was new. GM records show the whole thing (gauge and sending units) were replaced twice before I got the truck. What happens is, if I fill both tanks the gauge goes to about a 1/4 past full. (And will sometimes try to go further, then suddenly drop to E and stay there until the next time the truck is started. This once left me stuck on the side of the road with a full rear tank and empty front tank, because it will not transfer fuel between tanks when it does that.) The front tank is supposed to be 19 gallons, and the rear 21, for a total of 40. If I fill at 3/4 I can usually put in 20 gallons, which leads me to believe 3/4 actually equals about 1/2 on this particular truck. I've had it as low as a hair above 1/4 (with a full 5 gallon can carried in one of the side boxes) without any issues (took 38 gallons to fill)

I wish I could remember how many gallons it took for its very first fill up when I bought it. I bought it used, and the gauge was in the red when I drove out of the lot with it. Went straight to a station and filled it, and it took more than $200 (diesel at that time and place being $5.25gal) but I can't quite remember the exact amount and how many gallons. I think it was 42 or 43 gallons, because I thought for the longest time that it had two 25 gallon tanks, but later research told me the tank sizes that were standard on that C&C model. Could the shop that added the body have changed the tanks to something bigger? Sure, but without running it dry there's no good way for me to know.

Now its getting nippy in the mid east. gardens are going to sleep for the winter. That makes me wonder what sort of vegetable gardening the guys do. The size of our gardens are often indicated by the equipment we use to prepare them, so that is what I am going by.

I have no place for a garden, so I get all my veg from the store.
I just go to the grocery store, cause I am to lazy to garden.
I have a small patch I work with hand tools.
I have a plot big enough to warrant a front tine tiller.
I my garden is large so I use one of those rear tine self propelled tillers.
I have a tiny farm / big garden so I use a small tractor (Farmall Cub sized or smaller)
I raise vegetables on a large scale like a side business so I have at least one full sized tractor.
I run a truck farm so I have a lot of tractors and equipment.

Do you listen to music while working in the shop/on your truck?

Yes
No
Depends on my mood
Depends on whether I remember to turn it on :lol:
Other

I like the music poll and usually listen to radio when in shop. I occasionally go hang out with my neighbor and he always has a radio on in the barn. Radio is a good back ground noise IMO.

Also wonder what ya'll use for bed protection or rear cargo area for suburbans.

1 None
2 Rubber mat
3 carpet mat
4 Bedliner plastic
5 Sprayed in bedliner
6 Piece of plywood
7 Scrap of carpet
8 Old Blanket
9 Piece of plastic / Tarp
10 Other explain

How long did it take you to vote

In and out
30 min
1 hr
2 hr
3 hr

Absentee

Can add finer increments

Line was 30 min for me

Football mainly and/or other sports?

1. Pro
2. College

College for me. Hands down and could care less for pro sports other than rodeo since not much national college play.

Back