• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Polished my Mag-Hytec

durallymax

Reaction score
Got bored today and polished my mag hytec pans fins. Started by smoothing out the scrapes and gouges with a fine roloc surface conditioning disc the wet sanded 320,400,600,800,1000,1200,1500,2000 the a roughy cut polish the a fine polish. Same procedure I use for all aluminum polishing and it works great for me. It turned out pretty decent the pictures don't really do it jystice for how well it shines. Flame me all you want because nobody will see it but winters up here can get long and boring.

Here's some pics first one is before last two are after.

d0879c7b.jpg

719b5ce0.jpg

bb59395f.jpg

That's Purty, Vinnie!

Next time I'm lying around and a truck drives over me, I'll remember to look up :D:D

j/k ... it does look nice!

Jim

well mines been laying upside down on my transmission bench for about a month now so everybody who walks by it in the shop will get toi see how pretty it is.

Too much time, not enough money, too early for field work...

That about cover it Vinny?):h

Looks good!:thumbsup:

Too much time, not enough money, too early for field work...

That about cover it Vinny?):h

Looks good!:thumbsup:

Something like that, tons of winter projects to get done, but it still gets boring sitting in the shop all winter. Finally warming up though, everybody got bit by the tillage bug except us. Everybody was all ready to go and i told them they were idiots. My point was drivin home when we got 3" of snow on friday night. Its gone now though and warm again.

Hopefully spring is here to stay now, its been nice and warm out, but we still have tons of winter projects to get done. i just graduated yesterday so hopefully we can get sh!t done now. we only have one other mechanic on the farm and every other day his entire day is wasted sitting in the semi hauling milk and digested solids.

heck we havent even brought the chopper or corn planter in the shop yet, or the combine. Combine can wait, but if we dont get a new one, our old 2366 is gonna need a lot of work. The Rotor is pretty much shot.

His truck is torn down I believe, motor work.

Something like that.

Back