• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Plow Renovation

Looks good matt, i need to replace all my pins. Does the plow feel a lot "tighter" with new pins or the holes already too worn? I painted mine last year and it looks almost new, mine has a few holes in the blade that i am going to patch next summer but for now i gobbed paint in there.IM glad you painted the back of the plow yellow, i see people are getting into painting the back black, just not a fan of that for some reason. I hear it gets rid of reflections, but how much reflections do you get? I dont get any...

Feels ideally tight, and trips smooth as a champ. Some of my pins were 1/4 " or more worn inward. A few looked like bananas.

4-7" Tomorrow... I'm ready.

My truck feels like an entirely new rig. With all my mounting hole change and cutting the stop back, and new Monomax's, I now never scrape when 'up' I have the 8" edge too. I also did 720lbs of ballast basically hanging off my bed 5' past rear axle, and that took ALL the front end plow bounce away.

The truck is set up. Feels great, plows great like always. 'Let the weight do the work, not the truck' Slow n steady, incedent free, easy on the rig...

Wailed a few 'who knows whats' everything held up. This was the first major stress test of key mounting components that I had welded. Failure there would have cost me the storm. They held strong.

I do need to fix that torsion bar bolt crooked thing though. That side is way lower now... I knew I should never have touched those damn things.

I got a new partner for my route now, he rides a 02 Dmax :) Better than the ford gasser I had last few years. Needless to say, my rig can outpush easily. But he's just a little guy. I gave him all the shitty dead end roads :) I scouted really good last Friday night too. Took the daughter for a nice long scout drive, writing down where potholes are, and making a mental note of where I can have faith areas not to trip.

Even though the plow is made to trip, its still better not too :)

Back