• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Playing with efi live and....oh ****!!WTF did I do?

Even lifting a little on a full throttle shift can greatly increase the amount of fuel pulled on a shift. Example: Full throttle upshift defuels to 80mm3, while a 3/4 throttle upshift defuels 35mm3 - this is how a stock LB7 is set up @3200RPM.

Just something to think about,

Nick
That's a great point Nick, I didn't even consider that.

Well I finally got around to installing Nick's dsp5 tune the other day. With new updates from EFI, you can switch tunes right from the v2 and don't need to wire in the switch. I did this after I had limped my tranny for the 3rd time. Maybe that's why my tune had more smoke than the dsp5 smoke tune and more race than the dsp5 race tune! I guess it may have been a little too aggressive.

Well I finally got around to installing Nick's dsp5 tune the other day. With new updates from EFI, you can switch tunes right from the v2 and don't need to wire in the switch. I did this after I had limped my tranny for the 3rd time. Maybe that's why my tune had more smoke than the dsp5 smoke tune and more race than the dsp5 race tune! I guess it may have been a little too aggressive.

Does this apply to the LBZ. Switch tunes from the V2?

DSP5 is only available for the LB7 and LLY right now. When they get it sorted out for the LBZ, I'm sure they'll also have serial switching (Using the V2 instead of a switch) for them too.

Back