• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pensacola diesel quality?

If the cable length were a problem a step up in wire gauge would fix it IMO.

That would help and we looked at going to 16 ga vs 18 ga wire, but the pins/sockets/connector cable seals are all disigned for 18 ga otherwise I would be using 16 ga, but it has not been a problem at all anyway.

I know this is an old thread but I am reading on this topic. I also called Walt and was told that the remote PMD system I have is going to kill my PMD and my pump. Has anyone had negative effects using the Heath relocator? The PO installed it shortly before I purchased the truck. I would probably have used Leroy's version in the bumper had I made the selection. I am having issues right now but I am pretty sure I need an IP.

Heath offers a 5 year warranty on his. Walt has a year IIRC

I had Walt's, it lasted 3k miles in 5 months in the winter. When I sent it in for warranty he said he never received it. I bought a new pmd and put it in the bumper 4 1/2 years ago and it's just starting to act up.

I get pepole that call me all the time saying the same thing, that "SSD says a remote mounted PMD on a 6' cable will not work"
Thats is pure BS. I've sold thousands without problems.
SSD actualy does a disservice to his customer by selling a heat sink designed to mount ontop of the engine (the hotest possible place!!)
I've even made custom 24' cables for pusher RVs and never had a problem with them either.

I also offer a 5 year warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Leroy, I should have mentioned you have the 5 year warranty, I just made a quick reply to his post.

FWIW I have a pmd on it's way from Leroy, he has a good price and is a site vendor.

Yeah. I would be buying one of Leroy's if the PO had not just put the Heath unit on. I think I will be ordering the OPS extension and possibly the boost bolt later.

Any suggestions on where to get a quality rebuilt IP? I am fairly certain mine is bad. I don't get warm fuzzies from SSD and I called Pensacola too and got the same 'feeling'.

I know this is an old thread but I am reading on this topic. I also called Walt and was told that the remote PMD system I have is going to kill my PMD and my pump. Has anyone had negative effects using the Heath relocator? The PO installed it shortly before I purchased the truck. I would probably have used Leroy's version in the bumper had I made the selection. I am having issues right now but I am pretty sure I need an IP.

Walt is often incorrect, his location does one thing generate sales, Heath's unit as all of them use the same driver, warranty is 7 years as such is still capable of failing, but it is a much more robust mounting location and keeps module cooler. if you suspect the FSD give him a call he may still honor the warranty on it even though you are not the original buyer.

Sorry Leroy, I should have mentioned you have the 5 year warranty, I just made a quick reply to his post.

FWIW I have a pmd on it's way from Leroy, he has a good price and is a site vendor.

Thanks Leo, and you should have yours soon if customs does'int hang onto it. Seem like they are keeping items longer before releasing them lately. I sent it express to help shorten the time.

Thanks Leo, and you should have yours soon if customs does'int hang onto it. Seem like they are keeping items longer before releasing them lately. I sent it express to help shorten the time.

It cleared on the 9th, just waiting now.

That was pretty quick then. I used to mail via Priority mail to Canada but customs took forever, like over 30 days.
Now I try to express mail everything outside USA.

That was pretty quick then. I used to mail via Priority mail to Canada but customs took forever, like over 30 days.
Now I try to express mail everything outside USA.

Takes a while, but you don't get the UPS 'Mystery Brokerage Fee' with it... seems like a fair trade to me!

Back