• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pensacola diesel quality?

Ama83

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering injection pump (reman) kit with marine injectors and glow plugs. Are those parts from that shop worth of shot? I live in Finland so I wouldn´t like to order some shit and return it :mad2:

I have no personal experience with pensicola. I have heard of many members here and on another forum having trouble with their injection pumps. I wouldn't trust their injectors.
What do you expect to gain with "marine"injectors? The ECM determines the amount of fuel the engine gets, not the injectors.Standard injectors can support 275 hp or more.
Your 3 inch exhaust is choking your engine. You need 3 1/2 inch minimum from the downpipe back. 4 inch is even better.
A better air filter/air box makes a difference also. A 97-99 gm factory air box with the round filter is very good. I use a amsoil nano-fibre filter[much better filter than any K&n].
I haven't heard anything bad about Badger Diesel in Salem Wisconsin. He rebuilds ip's for around $450. He is a ebay seller also. I'm pretty shure he rebuilds injectors also .
Engh motors[sweeden] can burn you a chip, for your ECM, to do whatever you want.You need to have gauges[exhaust temp and boost] You will need the bigger exhaust and better air filter before the chip.

I know you probably wants to get parts from the same source but RockAuto have Bosch Duraterm GP and Bosch Injectors.

I am not sure if they can ship it to Finland, so you may want to check with them.

The last DB2 i got from them that was "rebuilt" ended up having a skipping very lumpy sounding idle after less than 8,000 miles. Pump wasn't super expensive, and i trusted the guy i got it from, but it still turned out to be junk. Pump still looks new, but the engine ran like $h!t.

Give Accurate Diesel a call and speak with Tim. He was very helpful, and my current DB2 on my K-5 was looked over and tweaked by them.

Pensacola fuel once was a premier provider, they have fallen on tough times and some of their sources of parts are no longer quality they once were, mixed bag good & bad stuff, you being in Finland I'd pass just in case there are issues. I know cost can be an issue but if you don't have a local EU 6.5 parts source, have a serious look at Heath diesel they ship to EU without hitting you with excessive shipping, and stuff is top of line in quality & customer after care

No personal experience with Pensacola Diesel, but the PO of my '99 had to pull marine injectors he bought from them and replaced them with Heath HO marine injectors. Do have experience with rebuilt injectors from Badger Diesel and they're working just fine.

SSD is probably not a favorite of a lot of people here either. For easy part is ok but not injector, IP or GP.
You can probably find some posting about it recently, just a few down from you.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?31000-SS-diesel-supply-marine-injectors

Two of the most standup 6.5 supplier is probably Heath Diesel and Kennedy Diesel.
Accurate Diesel, I heard is good also. You can get similar stuff from them as SSD.
Leroy with PMDCable is also good but he is not selling IP, GP or Injectors.

I have dealt with Heath and Kennedy, they actually answer the call themselves or answer the email promptly.

Unfortunately, they are not cheap. Cheap and quality never comes in the same parts.

Chinese part is cheap because we expect them to be. We don't expect quality from them.

I think I'd have to agree here given your place in the world that returning a dud is not an appealing option. I'd go with New from Heath.

I should not have even brought his name up. The guy is a real Piece of $hit :shiiiiiite:

I didn´t get that...???

What he's trying to tell you, Ama83, is that we believe you should be choosing a reputable vendor, especially given the shipping costs and hassles getting parts over there.

Turbine Doc mentioned Bill Heath at Heath Diesel as an example... his parts aren't the cheapest, but you can count on the quality and the service/support. If there are any shipping or warranty issues, Bill will be there for you.

We have a few other members over in your neck of the woods; Paul (Sunshine), or KOJO, or Stefan at ENGHmotors (Sweden, but closer than Canada!) ... Scandanavian 6.5 guys seem to have lots of information on where to get stuff; give them a PM, maybe they have some ideas for you.

I didn´t get that...???

Possibly a language barrier or maybe a newbie in the 6.5 game and not knowing the inside jokes for the 6.5 guys that have been around a while, EDAM is a ebay seller that sells junk as good, so is A-1 Customs.

While PD & SSD aren't in fore mentioned vendors league of bad, quality & customer care from them not the best either; & IMO not worth the hassle if issues arise.

As Jifaire said, hook up with the guys he mentioned, if they can't source a EU vendor for you you can't go wrong with any of the site sponsors here Burning Oil/Walking J who specialize in the 6.5 world, or Heath or Kennedy Diesel also well known top notch in the 6.5 community

Oh BTW I see in your signature adjustable FSD resistor ???

You can take that off the truck as it isn't doing anything for you.

It is also a possible maintenance issue for you down the road.

The guy that claims to have "invented that" is a fleece artist we call "Steaksauce" around the 6.5 community; derived from the table condiment A-1 steak sauce aka A-1 Customs, you would do well to steer clear of him.

FWIW Jifare & I aren't lost for love with him either as his rants on "His site" will show, what he doesn't show; is how he has been banned from every reputable web site.

The only place he "shines" are on the web sites he owns, or gets to post on before he is found out on after posting in one of his many web alter egos/persona's.

Your sig also says remote FSD who's remote (bought or home made), & where is it remote mounted at?

What he's trying to tell you, Ama83, is that we believe you should be choosing a reputable vendor, especially given the shipping costs and hassles getting parts over there.

Turbine Doc mentioned Bill Heath at Heath Diesel as an example... his parts aren't the cheapest, but you can count on the quality and the service/support. If there are any shipping or warranty issues, Bill will be there for you.

We have a few other members over in your neck of the woods; Paul (Sunshine), or KOJO, or Stefan at ENGHmotors (Sweden, but closer than Canada!) ... Scandanavian 6.5 guys seem to have lots of information on where to get stuff; give them a PM, maybe they have some ideas for you.

The reason for getting parts from US is that they cost here in Finland at least twice as much, for example IP costs here about $2000 and it´s reman... And I know Pasi from DTech alright and he´s nice guy but those parts just cost waaaay too much here :(

Its not something I really want to start selling at this point, but I can check one of my IP shops and get a price if you want.
Let me know.

Back