• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Patriot trailer THOUGHTS?

looks like a decent trailer. some jack stands might in the rear might be handy when loading something somewhat heavy on it.

EDIT: if you're getting the red trailer i see it comes with ramps that already have stands on them. how much are they running??

$3450 out the door. and yes they have the ramps with the drops on them so the trailer don't go tongue light when loading.

Brand new, 3 months worth of shopping around finally paid off.

I would definatly put blocks or something under back of trailer when loading. When loading my truck it likes to lift tow vehicle a bit even with the dovetail. I would think it would be more leverage without the dovetail. Might want to put a heavier jack on it as well, if you will ever leave your truck on it.
Seems like a good price though.

Great price but as said before it needs a much heavier tongue jack as well as I don't see any tie down rings. Depending on what you haul it might have some shortcomings that you won't want to live with. Be sure you don't need the heavier fenders too.
Not trying to offend but experience tells me to get the right one first time...;)

Ended up going with a different trailer. I got a PJ 20ft 14k bumper pull. It has all LED light, 12k jack, powder coat paint, removable fenders that are alot heavier than the patriot fenders and it's 1" wider. All for the same price. Thanks for the tips guys.

No the ramps have drops on them so the trailer doesn't raise in the front to much.

as long as it has any stands in the rear...

i've seen the rear axle of a truck come completely off the ground when something is beling loaded onto a trailer. i'd hate for that to happen to you. blocks or stands are pretty important in my opinion...

Some time ago, there was a long thread, on another forum, started by a guy that was unloading his Kubota tractor off a landscape trailer that was on a downhill slope. Trailer pushed the truck downhill where it jackknifed, causing big damage. The guy thought something was wrong with his transmission, went round and round with his dealer, then posted the thread. Anyone with towing experience or good sense, told him what happened. One "brilliant engineer" calculated that it was impossible for the trailer to lift the truck enough to cause the truck to slide downhill. Yea, rrrright! :skep:
Hope that engineer hasn't joined this forum.:crazy::crazy:

Only on the 6" channel not the 5"

Mine is a 6" channel, so it might, I just haven't looked. Didn't have a whole lot of time, I just swung by and picked it up and dropped it off at the shop real quick.

Back