• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 tare-down findings

First thought was, change your oil bro.. Bypass filtering is a backup plan not a PLAN.

My UOA showed a need to change the oil at 2500 miles when towing. 3000 miles was oil failure.

After installing Gapless Rings, that the subject engine has, I was good for 5,000 miles. I didn't have any fancy bypass filter; just the OEM oil filter.

Again the oil failure had to be from something. From my experience this would be the alternate fuel and/or fuel system problems.

I assume the air filter and intake was good.

My UOA showed a need to change the oil at 2500 miles when towing. 3000 miles was oil failure.

After installing Gapless Rings, that the subject engine has, I was good for 5,000 miles. I didn't have any fancy bypass filter; just the OEM oil filter.

Again the oil failure had to be from something. From my experience this would be the alternate fuel and/or fuel system problems.

I assume the air filter and intake was good.

I'm near certain the alternative fuels is the root cause, so much carbon build up the rings gumed up and soot filled the oil.

Back