• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Optimum timing setting with a DB2 pump

Advance the pump, IE rotate the housing or adjust the screw at the transfer pump?

Rotate the pump to the driver side about a dime. Again a shop with the tools should do this as anything else is pure guessing. Loosening the bolts and tightening them up can result in different timing...

At 45 MPH with light throttle note the sound of the rattle. Roll the power on and see if heat in the chambers causes the rattle to quiet down. That is supposedly the correct timing.

With my modded high pop injectors, alternate fuels, my engine is eerily quiet, so gauging back to back is going to be hard. Most who know my van can't believe how quiet it is.

I did just that. Going steady down the road there is the slightest rattle to it. then when I stand into it the rattle goes away and turns into the rumble of the motor. A almost ominous hum haha It seems to work great though for just ear gauging it.

I did just that. Going steady down the road there is the slightest rattle to it. then when I stand into it the rattle goes away and turns into the rumble of the motor. A almost ominous hum haha It seems to work great though for just ear gauging it.

What did you change in/on your pump?

When moving the ip: shut off engine, move pump,restart engine. Do not rotate ip while the engine is running.

Back