• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

okay guys,

Jdbdiesel

Reaction score
Okay guys, I found a truck sitting in the bushes... Its a 94 chevy k 1500 with the 6.5 diesel. i threw two batteries in it and she fired right up, Only problem was when you hit the accelerator, it did NOTHING, thats the reason the guy parked it. The interior is MINT, It needs a bed, But its got brand new rubber all the way around, and he told me he wants 550 out of it. What do you think the issue could be with the throttle.

Buy it the part out alone is worth $550, could be the APP, the IP, or a "hard code" stored in the PCM that won't let it accelerate, need more info however to make a more better guess at what the problem is. You say starts up but won't accelerate ??? as in no rev up of the engine when the APP pedal is pushed to the floor ?

yeah the truck started, the guy had told me it stopped accelerating so he parked it, hes a older guy and didnt know how to mess around with it. but i went in and gave it some gas and nothing. it kept idiling, I couldnt pull codes that day, When i go back tomo, Ill check. If its a ip it wouldnt run would it?

This is how i found my truck, in the weeds DOA. I paid 1k, so this is a good deal especially if it runs! Gotta get the codes first thing to give you some places to start.

GMTDSCAN should be able to check the volts, and communtication between pedal,ECM, IP. I looked I am about an hour and half from you.

Yeah im buying it, i found out more info, its been sitting for four years, Its a 94, which means draining the full tank of fuel before we even try to start it again. the older gentleman i bought it off of swears its the ip. and thats a little out of my know how to fix,

The ip is a common target for all problems on a 6.5L but it's usually a problem that stems from another failure in the system. App pedal or ground is most likely.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Sounds like the throttle cable is broke.:sigh1:

LOL @ Leroy... Lets try everything, one at a time, shall we? :D

Failing that, we could pull the codes with a paperclip like it says in the 6.5 Technical Reference Library, then use the troubleshooting checklist as a good overall maintenance primer, and we might be able to figure out what's wrong!

It would suck to go through all the work of changing out the throttle cable if it wasn't the problem :hihi:

lol you guys humor me so much, I havent bought the truck yet, the thought of its scaring me, I dont wanna dump thousands into this thing to get it running, the guy doesnt know if it will start or not now, I was hoping its a simple pmd but im not getting my hopes up, are their any guys up my way that wanna help with a possible ip change if thats what it is ? i dont know about retiming it and stuff, like i said, It needs a bed bad, but its not rotted past repair, It needs some deff loving :)

whatcha guys think? i dont know if thats the ap or the ip, Im hoping if i drain the tank, fill up with fuel, reprime, it will start, then i can clean the grounds and replace the ap and pray it works

Do the Variable Voltage check on the APPS. All you need is a multimeter and the truck in the run position IIRC. Its not that hard if you can get under the steering wheel.

Back