• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Filter Relocation Needs 0.o

Get new hoses yet? ^
Yes I did, thank you!! Yesterday

What do you need if you remove the adapter to go with the 2 wheel drive style oil filter mount?

I am assuming an oil filter base of some type.

Any pictures or anything anywhere?

I have the 4 wheel drive truck here and was going to pull the adapter and clean it. I just wanted to throw a filter on it with the front drive shaft off, for the time being. Until we pull the engine, then re-install the filter adapter on the 2 whel drive engine - which is not here at the moment.

So since this thread was renewed, any updates on the relocations?

I am in search of a solution for my 4wd rigs, I really hate 4wd oil changes... and 4wd for that matter... :)

Some of them are used in cold weather, so cold weather flowability is important.

I am also fussy on fit and finish, so no cobbled shit. :)

Remote filter was among the first things I did to the Burb when I bought it as the filter change was a *horrible* experience.

Installed a dual (bypass) filter back around the X-fer. If you do it, plan on going to a hydraulic shop for extra hose (of the two installs I have done, both needed more hose than came in the kit). Also, consider getting a wrap for the hose to protect it from chafing. Got my wrap from Parker when I got the hose and that stuff is very tough and yet very flexible (almost like extra thick panty hose).

With the remote filter, changes are *very* easy as there is plenty of room to work.

Am using the Amsoil dual housing. Do not remember the hose sizes. When I needed the extra hose, a quick call to Amsoil's help desk got me the information that I needed.

Here as the Amsoil parts list I used for my remote install:
> BMK23 Bypass kit
> BK296 Adapter Plate
> EA026 Full Flow Filter
> EABP100 Bypass Filter

The kit comes with one hose which can work depending on where you want to mount the filter housing. Seeing as I installed my filters back under the cab, I needed to buy a second hose.

If you do go with Amsoil's kit, for the 4WD 6.5 vehicles can probably remove the 'elbow' housing on the block as it is not necessary anymore. I still have the elbow as the shop left it on (and then transfered it from the 506 to the P-400) and have not had the initiative to go in and remove it.

Back