• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

nsbu

kramer56

Recruit
Reaction score
Well I changed that nsbu switch last week and my range shift inhibited was gone, or so I thought. It came back only this time something else popped into the window. started truck at the drive thru window at Mcd's and "service brake system" came across dic and abs and brake light stayed on in cluster, tried to shift to D anfd it clunked but wont move so i went to p and nothing went to 2 and drove off. shut truck off and everything is golden. get home and leave again and the same brake thing popped up again after starting. last summer i did that but my foot was on brake when i started and that came up(does that makes a difference if my foot is on brake when I start it). Only thing is now the range shift crap is back, was it that nsbu switch or do I have a different problem with the brake or speed sensor stuff not allowing tranny to shift into gear? I did wash truck yesterday but about mid point of all this stuff happening. Is it the tranny going out or is it an electrical problem somewhere? I took the PPE out last evening cuz there have been NO CODES at all and I am thinking it is holding them out like it does the egr ones. Sorry for the long post but guys its plowing season and i need the truck lol.
MERRY XMAS to all

do you have the latest revision switch?

did you clean all the contacts?

maybe the connectors are getting corroded from years of salt...I still have my original *jinx* down south...

Maybe someone else can do better with answers...

Merry Christmas

the part was ordered from GM and used NO FLASH contact cleaner. The service brake system that keeps popping up is what concerns me cuz there are no codes and the tech 2 doesn't pick up the problems at all. I do hope its electrical. Why does stepping on the brake while starting the truck keep the abs and brake lights on in the dash along with service brake system in the dic. what does that mean?

Back