• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NSBU switch compatibility...

540s10

Reaction score
What is the difference between the 40 dollar switch I have seen people using on their allisons (4l80e switch) and the actual allison switch that costs 3 times that? Why do they have 2 different switches?

What is the difference between the 40 dollar switch I have seen people using on their allisons (4l80e switch) and the actual allison switch that costs 3 times that? Why do they have 2 different switches?

The origanal NSBU switch was the one from the 4L60E/4L80E, but they proved to be rather troublesome as they are not as weatherproofed as well. The 4L60E/4L80E use the switch pretty much just for the gear indicator whereas the ALLISON uses it for the gear indicator and to tell the TCM which gear to use as the highest. When you move the shifter in the ALLISON from OD to 1 the only thing that changes is the output from the NSBU. ALLISON came out with a revised switch that is less prone to failure from the elements as they use the switch for more things on the ALLISON. You can get the switch from ALLISON directly for about $85 VS the dealers outragous $245 they quoted me.

Back