• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No throttle and rough idle after turbo horn

Abelshuman

Reaction score
Installed new turbo horn and now truck idles rough and barley has any power. Won’t rev up just stumbles and smokes white and smells like fuel. Tan completely fine before. Put old horn back on and same thing. I’m thinking I damaged the pressure sensor when I unplugged it? New sensor has been ordered map and baro pressures don’t match while engine is on. When I give it gas the fuel rail pressire and desired pressure both drop but match.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1907.jpeg
    IMG_1907.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 3
You might buy or rent a vacuum gauge and hook that to Your vacuum pump. See if it is supplying vacuum to the proper components, mainly the turbo solenoid control valve, if this truck does have one of those.
Without vacuum the wastegate can not control the boost and then there will be nothing but black smoke emanating from the exhaust.

Welcome to the forum @Abelshuman

I'm not familiar with these engines ether, but looking at the two pics you posted, the baro reading and MAP readings you are pulling a vacuum on the intake where your turbo is not spooling. you mentioned "Turbo Horn" a term I am a little confused by. are you talking about the turbo impeller housing on the intake side? have you verified if your impeller is not against the housing causing it to be stuck and not spinning?

Maybe post some pics of what you have done and whatnot. maybe we can better help and see what's going on.

Back