• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No Oil Pressure

I'm finding it hard to think ACDelco filters that are specified on all GM new vehicles would be compromised if they are installed on a warrantied engine.

I'm not. GM is big enough to warrant any engine from oil filter failure and be money ahead on going cheap.

http://www.fleetfilter.com/comparison-acdelco-filter.html

:yikes: Learned something new today.

So much for trusting AC Delco oil filters anymore. Looks like they are on par with Fram OCOD now. Not fit for the high heat my oil sees out here - I burn up 300 degree rated hoses and run the oil for the full 10K on the Dmax. Plastic, rubber, and the end caps have cheaper than needed written all over it. I would find the design limit on it... Esp would harden the rubber drain back valve to the useless point. No. Not going down that road. I already handed Wix their plastic cr@p fuel filter back after damn near walking in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not. GM is big enough to warrant any engine from oil filter failure and be money ahead on going cheap.

So much for trusting AC Delco oil filters anymore. Looks like they are on par with Fram OCOD now. Not fit for the high heat my oil sees out here - I burn up 300 degree rated hoses and run the oil for the full 10K on the Dmax. Plastic, rubber, and the end caps have cheaper than needed written all over it. I would find the design limit on it... Esp would harden the rubber drain back valve to the useless point. No. Not going down that road. I already handed Wix their plastic cr@p fuel filter back after damn near walking in the middle of nowhere.

There you go, I know I was not dreaming.

Would we see 300+ degree oil temps coming off the drain on the turbo? I just added an hx-35 to my rig and installed my own drain hose. After hearing that I'm worried it wont hold up

Would we see 300+ degree oil temps coming off the drain on the turbo? I just added an hx-35 to my rig and installed my own drain hose. After hearing that I'm worried it wont hold up

They get hard or soft. No issues with turbo drains as they are not under pressure. Just tighten up the clamps now and then. I had a 2 quart air to oil cooler that would eat hoses on my 2008. let alone all the GM oil cooler hoses I have gone through.

To slightly edit Paul's phrase. You spell relief O-I-L P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E.

I unplugged the pmd. Placed the end of a old water bottle around the oil feed line. And after the second 20 second starter run I found black gold. Hooked up the line and the pmd, turned the truck over and OIL PRESSURE. Thank you to all that gave their input and to Paul for calling on everyone for advise. She just turned 190k and she's back for more

Good to hear the news.
Re the oil filter discussion: Maybe that's why the AC filters I have been buying online have "professional" on the box and the ones in the store don't. :dunno: In any case, I'm cutting open the next one.

The "Professional" moniker is what separates U.S. made Moog chassis stuff from Chinese made. Pretty sure many other auto parts are the same. Napa fuel filter for my Dodge made in China. Pissed me off. I got AC Delco stuff made in US, Mexico and China. No rhyme or reason. I switched to Purolator Gold oil filters a few years ago and haven't had any issues.

Do not ever drain the oil for this long again for exactly this reason. It is bad enough the oil filter is empty to begin with on a normal change.

I know, old thread, but I was searching for something and this thread came up.

Never ever heard of that before? I've let engines drain for weeks if its on my project hoist and they prime right up. Replace bearings etc in the car, fired right up with oil pressure etc. Oil pumps are designed to pump oil dry or with air.

I've had,it happen a few times. To prevent it from happening,I drilled a .040 hole in the plug ,were the filter bypass used to be. I'm also running a Wix oil filter for a Duramax, so the bypass is in the filter instead.

Back