• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newest member of the bad wheel bearing club

Add me to the club, I think mine is gone also.

I just did my passenger side a couple of weeks ago, picked it up from Oreilly's for $221. It was easier than I thought it would be.

wheel bearings

FYI, my neighbor is a mechanic at the local GMC dealership. I got the pass. side wheel bearing through him through their supplier. Included new bearing, wheel studs, and the ABS sensor. $270. Free labor too. I was told to keep the old parts (studs, sensor). If you need a replacement, you've got one. Hope this helps

Did any of you guys get the low speed abs activation? Mine has been doing that. If you unplug the sensor, there are two spaces deep inside that you can get meter probes in. Put meter on ac milivolts scale and if it's less than 350mv when you spin, that's the bad side. On the good side I didn't have to spin it too much and it actually overloaded the meter. On the bad side I spun it like a mad man and the most I got was 312. So I took the bad side off and pulled the sensor out of it. There was grease all over the reluctor ring and the sensor. I cleaned it off and re-assembled. It worked great, for 3 days. I'm not showing mechanical signs of failure yet so I figured I could just clean it. Nope, must be grease coated again.

No, inside the assembly. The wheel bearing is a sealed unit but the grease has leaked out. Def wheel bearing grease. The di-electric would be in the electrical connections. There wasn't any though.

Back