• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New (to us) trailer

very nice...I'd figure you'd have gone with a bunkhouse so the little one could have their own room...

Thanks :) This thing is in pristine condition and is an upgrade in so many directions it's silly.

very nice...I'd figure you'd have gone with a bunkhouse so the little one could have their own room...

We wanted to, but every bunkhouse setup either sucked otherwise in terms of space/quality/floorplan, or was way outside our price range.

This has a fold-out in the sofa so if it comes down to it, she can stay on that or sleep on her fold-out cot we got for her. She loves that thing, so I figure a "big girl bed" will be ok once all is said and done.

Big things with this unit is that as previously mentioned, it's upgrading in basically every single direction.

it's got heated tanks and the current owner's used it (sorta same situation we were in, had to do a short sale on their house and live in this 5'er for a while to get back on their feet) all the way down to -10 so I know it's good to go for arctic type conditions.

Electric front jacks, manual rear stabilizers, comes with extra stabilization jacks and a tripod for the hitch. We had the owner take it out of storage at the RV park it's at right now and put it on a spot to check out all the electrical and such. With just the 4 stabilizers down, I was amazed how little it shifted around compared to that 24' we had.

Tanks are bigger plus have spray bars built in so camping, dumping, and cleaning will be much easier than before. 2 slides and an extra 12 feet worth of trailer gives a ton of room for everything.

Bit of an oddity... These were designed for having a bit more space while working better w/ shortbed trucks.
View attachment 36196
Where the top nose is at, is where the head of the bed is. There's a storage compartment under the bed that's about 3'x3'x6' that ends up being over the hitch. HUGE area compared to most other ones with a slide in the bedroom, since they put the slide hydraulics or whatnot there...

We'll see exactly what the fuel (d)economy will be like pulling it as soon as everything's finalized since I'll be heading back down to Vegas with it for the shakedown run (I really like a RV park in Pahrump, specifically). Place down there has stage 4 ATS transmissions, installed, for 3850.. and I want to get the transmission upgraded anyways.

Back