• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New tires

What tires would you put on your rig?

• Goodyear Silent Armors

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Michelin LTX AT/2

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! two options in the poll. :D

I run neither....I'm more of a 'thrifty' kind of guy and have had very good service out of all my Uniroyal's. I've loaded em pretty heavy too......had no problems.

I've had good luck out of my highway tread Michelin's, I never ran the A/T tread.

I'd run the Michelins on the truck, until my 24' or 32' stock trailer or rock trailer need them and transfer those trailer tires to my lowboys and hay trailers as they need them that I use around local and the farm. Its nice having trailers with the same bolt pattern, most of those tires get ran until they blow out or a rock goes through them before there replaced. I have lots of spares wheels, lol, around twenty atleast. I'm glad my wheels are plain, because I dont think I have a true matching set on any thing that runs an eight lug single wheel.

I get all my money out of them that way, I have no ideal how many miles they last for sure, I'd say atleast 60k but thats wore out hauling alot of weight long distances.

I run Falken 235/85R16. They are great tires. I'm about to replace mine and I think I will go back to them. They wear like steel. I don't tow real heavy and I run the pressures at 80psi.

Goodyear Wrangler TD's. They are a very attractively priced tire and kick ASS in the snow while plowing. I put 600 punds in the back and can plow in 2WD!!! good in the mud too... They humm a little on the highway, but the exhaust is a lot louder so you cant hear them...

I've been seriously considering buying the Firestone Destination A/Ts. They have received terrific ratings across the board.

-Rob :)

I am leaning towards the goodyears. But there are so many good tires on the market.

I had a friend suggest Cooper, I have had them once before and they were noisy.

I just got the General Grabber HTS's, and they are nice! Rated #1 at Tirerack.
Either tire in the poll will do you well!

I just got the General Grabber HTS's, and they are nice! Rated #1 at Tirerack.
Either tire in the poll will do you well!

Let us know how they wear.

I had a set of 10ply General mud tires(cant remember the name) and they were the second best wearing mud tire I ever had, they lasted thee times as long as my Buckshot Maxxis under my heavy service truck and just as good in the mud.

I have just over 81,000 miles on my Silent Armor 265 70 R16 E tires, rotated them 16 times, have ~1/4" tread left, will replace them before winter, but I am biased, last three sets of tires were Wrangler ATS, (X2, both load range D) and Silent armor (Load Range E). All have lasted over 90,000 miles.

Exceptionally good in ice, snow, etc.

Good tires in my view, but as with anything relative to these trucks (tires, batteries, etc.) others will have had not so good success with one tire, better with another, your mileage may vary, as they say.

Other tires probably every bit as good, but I have no first hand knowledge.

Last edited:
Well, price is a BIG consideration. Costco has tires on coupon special right now.

Also, Sears will tend to do price match when Costco does specials.

-Rob :)

Back