• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New projects looming on the horizon

Missy Good Wench

Wild Blonde from Cloud Mt
Reaction score
As the DaHooooley Project comes to the final countdown and hopefully a joyful conclusion there are more good things in the wings.

The little 85 Blazer is sitting in the shop now and is surrounded by lots of bits parts and pieces that, with any luck will end up being used to restore this fine little truck to its original glory.

The plan is to remove the original 85 front clip then the 305 V8 that now resides under the slightly burnt hood.

The engine will be replaced with a 6.2 that came from a 1987 Suburban 4x4.
Still working on what to do for a tranny. Currently my plan is to use a TH 400 thats been sitting on my work bench for several years.

I have a NP 208 Tcase ligned up that fits a 400 so thats not an issue.

With 33" tires on the planned list of things and the 3.73 gears the TH400 will work great for what I do with as far a driving goes.

I have a set of late 90 Burb front doors with the factory electric mirrors to go on the truck too.

Also on the list off changes is a 90 Front clip.

Once complete, the truck will look like a 89-91 K5 have the 6.2 diesel, a TH 400 tranny and 3.73 gearing.

The truck currently has a lovely fiberglass visor installed.

Have not given more than an occassional thought to the final paint color, but the fact that the front doors are a nice metaic blue and have perfect interior panels has given rise to that color for the truck.

The 90 front clip is gray and white and the hood that I have is rootbeer brown.

What a Mutt this is gonna look like.

The truck is currently a chocolate brown with a cream colored lower.

SOOOOOOOOOOO 80's two tone for sure.

We shall see how this all comes to pass as time goes by.

Keep ya posted as this one starts to take shape.

The plan is, once Dahoooley is done to finish up a couple little tidbits and then roll into the Blazer.

Missy

love the square body trucks. my ultimate: 90 model, 4 door long bed one ton, black exterior, gray cloth interior, 4.10 w/ gear vendor unit, built 700R4, 6.5 n/a, a/c and running on veg oil with no computers to control anything.

No trick axles, just the factory 10 bolts that Ma General installed back in 85

For my daily driver they will work just fine.

The 6.2 is pretty easy on axles.

Just want a mileage getter is all and of course one that does not have SPARK PLUGS

Missy

Back