• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NEW PMD/FSD Remote Still Stalling - low power

You will want to pump the tank out before dropping it. It's kind of a handful with any amount of fuel in it. I use the lift pump if it's pumping fuel. You may have to back blow or put the lift pump on backwards and pump fuel into the tank to clear the line so you can pump fuel out.

:)
Fuel Delivery was the problem.

I believe the sock on the sending unit was intended for gasoline NOT diesel.

The suction line from the sending unit going to the lift pump was removed and inserted in a 5 gallon fuel can, pressure at the ‘T’ was about 4 psi when running. She ran well without stalling.

The ‘new sending unit’ was then removed from the tank, the clogged sock was discarded before reinserting the sending unit in the tank and a Donaldson inline diesel filter was installed between the tank and lift pump.

Thank you all very kindly for your advice and support!

:)
Fuel Delivery was the problem.

I believe the sock on the sending unit was intended for gasoline NOT diesel.

The suction line from the sending unit going to the lift pump was removed and inserted in a 5 gallon fuel can, pressure at the ‘T’ was about 4 psi when running. She ran well without stalling.

The ‘new sending unit’ was then removed from the tank, the clogged sock was discarded before reinserting the sending unit in the tank and a Donaldson inline diesel filter was installed between the tank and lift pump.

Thank you all very kindly for your advice and support!

good man :thumbsup: Thats my plan during the buildup on Big Blue. Once I pull the bed I'll clean and drain the tank, then remove the sock and install a higher micron filter in place of it. Should work very nicely.

Back