• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy from Kansas

Stroked

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Name is Jared and I'm from north central Kansas. Found the site a while back and its been a wealth of information so far. Finally got around to joining up. Got an 84 K20 GMC that I'm rebuilding the 6.2 in and it's my first diesel rebuild so it's been a learning experience so far. Working on buying a mid 80's Blazer with a blown 6.2 so I get to do it all over again. Lol. Also have an 06 Sierra, 86 Camaro, and several other junker square bodys.

Look forward to learning a lot here. :hello:

Welcome to The Truck Stop Jared! You found the right place for the care of your 6.2s. A whole bunch of good folks here.:thumbsup:

Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy. Take some time to add all of your vehicle info into your signature so we can help you better.
A couple of other guys here from your area might be close to where you are.

Welcome to The truck Stop, There is a bunch of good people here who have help me a lot. Looks like you stay busy, stay safe and have a bless day. :hello:

Thanks guys. I filled out my signature and I think I got it saved. I guess we'll see.

welcome! I think you will find that you found the best GM diesel forum on the web.

I am by no means an expert, but if you ever need help bad, I would try to be of assistance!

where in KS are you?

Thanks! I'm originally from Smith Center, but I currently live in Beloit. It's about an hour northwest of Salina if you know where that is.

Thanks! I'm originally from Smith Center, but I currently live in Beloit. It's about an hour northwest of Salina if you know where that is.

Know Jones Equipment in smith?

the Severence's in Beloit?

both good people.

are you working for AGCO or going to diesel tech school? I figured I'd ask, as those seem to be about the two biggest reasons to go to Beloit.

Yea I know the Jones. My brother is their head mechanic. Small world eh? Haven't met the Severence's yet.

I work for CPS in Beloit. Its a farm chemical distributor. Gotta go where the jobs are, but I go back to SC most weekends to help my brother on the farm.

Oh and I was going to upload some photos last night but I forgot, dangit. I'll try to remember tonight.

Actually, I might have some on my phone I could upload...hmm...

Got a couple pics for ya. I use to have a sweet 86 K10 stepside in high school and I was an idiot and sold it, so I've had a bad hankering for a square body for the last several years. Now I have 6 and none are road worthy. Lol.

The black 84 I bought from my cousin cause he was gonna crush it(couldn't let that happen now could I?) and the crank broke the day after I got it running. Argh! :banghead:

So now I'm rebuilding a redblock 6.2 that I took out of an '82 C10 junker. Oh and the flatbed is going bye bye. I think I already found a box for it.

1218111650a.jpg

1226112044a.jpg

0108122036a.jpg

......and the 82 C10 when we pulled the 6.2/th400. And a couple of the other junkers. The blue one has a 250/sm465, the red 84 was a 305/th350, and the brown 82 was originally a 6.2/th400 but the previous owner put a 350 in it and its a smokin mofo. Lol. And there's a couple more but I don't have pics of them. Plus all the non square body junk. A few 67-72 Chevys and a few old Fords.

0528112220a.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

red 84 chevy.jpg

brown 82 chevy.jpg

Welcome to The Truck Stop Jared! :welcome2:

Looks like you got yourself a helluva fleet you have built there! Good luck with the rebuilds!

Back