• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New from Mississippi

Rewind

Reaction score
Howdy fellow truckers. Found this site after following a link from another site about tires. I have a '98 Chev. (GMT400) K1500 Z71 with a little over 200k on the clock that I got this past Jan. with a 5.7 running 3.42 gears and G80 with a 4L60E and NP1. Don't know what the demographics of this site are yet, but I'm looking for a site that has some "older" members (I'm 47) and not so many trash mouth teenagers in it. Hoping to be able to contribute as well as learn more. After lurking around a bit there seems to be alot of good info here, about all trucks.

welcome,i found it through google looking for a clutch.it's an awesome place to be for advice and help for anything you need or want to do i have found.

Welcome, I think you'll find plenty of "Old guys" around here. :D

Welcome to The Truck Stop. :welcome2:

I am sure you will find our membership young or older to be very professional in their conduct. :cheers2:

Welcome to The Truck Stop!:hello:
We like to think of ourselves as a more GROWN UP version.;)
No matter the age...:D I'm 63 and I could swear I was 23 yesterday:eek:

Howdy fellow truckers. Found this site after following a link from another site about tires. I have a '98 Chev. (GMT400) K1500 Z71 with a little over 200k on the clock that I got this past Jan. with a 5.7 running 3.42 gears and G80 with a 4L60E and NP1. Don't know what the demographics of this site are yet, but I'm looking for a site that has some "older" members (I'm 47) and not so many trash mouth teenagers in it. Hoping to be able to contribute as well as learn more. After lurking around a bit there seems to be alot of good info here, about all trucks.

Howdy welcome to the site; what part of Ms, I'm on the coast in Gautier, we have many "experienced" members here I'm 49 myself as of 3 weeks ago. That 5.7 in your 98 is it a gasser ??? or did you swap in a old 5.7 Diesel into it?

Welcome!

I know what you mean about trash mouth teenagers. Been my experience that this particular forum doesn't do or tolerate that crap. I've pretty much quite going to any others.

Howdy welcome to the site; what part of Ms, I'm on the coast in Gautier, we have many "experienced" members here I'm 49 myself as of 3 weeks ago. That 5.7 in your 98 is it a gasser ??? or did you swap in a old 5.7 Diesel into it?

Hey, and thanks for the welcome, I'm up in "Dawg Country"!!! Yea, the 5.7 is a gasser, totally stock. I'd like to put a 6" lift in it one day or a 3" B.L............or maybe both!!

Hey, and thanks for the welcome, I'm up in "Dawg Country"!!! Yea, the 5.7 is a gasser, totally stock. I'd like to put a 6" lift in it one day or a 3" B.L............or maybe both!!

Won't hold it against you being a gasser ..... Much :) as anyone here will "Real trucks don't have spark plugs"

I've got a full set of GM manuals for the 98 covers gasser stuff as well, I don't know if you've done much lifting before but it has to be thought out correctly for it to not be a burden vs help, You lifting for show or offroad go ?

Won't hold it against you being a gasser ..... Much :) as anyone here will "Real trucks don't have spark plugs"

I've got a full set of GM manuals for the 98 covers gasser stuff as well, I don't know if you've done much lifting before but it has to be thought out correctly for it to not be a burden vs help, You lifting for show or offroad go ?

I'd love to have a set of manuals for my truck!!!! Good for you!!!!

Back