• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New bed for Dahooooley

Missy Good Wench

Wild Blonde from Cloud Mt
Reaction score
My Son in Law has been talking about us replacing the fat butt pickup bed with a flat bed for better usability around the ranch.

The other day he called me with an ad he spotted on craigs list.

Well it was not too far away (2 hours) so we saddled up and headed out yesterday to get a good look at this bad boy.

The bed was a tad dirty, but overall in great shape.

It's a 10 footer, so the headache rack and about 2 feet are gonna have to come off to get it to fit the Dahooooley.

I want to use an aluminum headache rack, but the kid wants formed steel.

The deck is a very unusual gullwing V type with 1/4" tread plate on the surface.

Heavy duty strap winches all around too.

The ICC bar on the back will ward off any low flying cracker cans as well.

We are talking about finishing the bed surface with Rhino liner.

Ahhhhh yesss, the winds of Change eh

I am pushing for some 5 inch stacks with the waaaay cool bullhorn tip outs at the top

Remove the muffler and just dump the existing 3-1/2" Banks pipe into a 5 inch Y pipe

YEAH BUDDY :hihi:

Missy

Attachments

• Bed1.jpg
    Bed1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Bed2.jpg
    Bed2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 12
Going on the Dodge? It looks like a nice one, not sure what you mean by gull wing? unless its a panle to access the goose neck ball?

Going on my Dahoooooley (the one in my avitar)

The outer edge of the bed is higher than the center by about 4 inches like a V

For hauling hay, so the rows tend to tilt inward

If you look at the view from the rear you can see the V shape to the bed, with the center being higher.

I like flat beds, I say go for it! Chop the headache rack & 2'- then give to him since he likes it! Changing out the bed makes a big difference in the appearance and if you don't put on the headache rack that you like, you'll regret it. As far as the stacks, STACKS RULE!!! My friggin glove box (actually an ammo can) has twin 4" stacks.

My Dad had a 43 Willy's mb jeep. I thought the color was wrong and should have had original seats in it. His rig, His choice. He gave it to me before he died, and now about a decade later I am finally getting around to the new seats and a new paint job. (No stacks for the jeep though...) My sons are already planning changes for the Willy's and the Hummer...

Going on my Dahoooooley (the one in my avitar)

The outer edge of the bed is higher than the center by about 4 inches like a V

For hauling hay, so the rows tend to tilt inward

If you look at the view from the rear you can see the V shape to the bed, with the center being higher.

I see now, cool feature.

I have never seen one like it, and I have seen a butt ton of farm trucks with flat beds.

Son in law spotted it on craigs list, and as they say, that was that.

It's a coastal piece, so has some rust, but not bad.

Also the water all runs to the center :WTF:

I grew up around farms/farm trucks and have never seen anything like that before. It has to be a custom built bed.

Don

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Gonna look way cool.

Thinking about redoing the headache rack so we can fetch a set of 5 inch stacks up the corners.

:thumbsup:

Back