• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 6.5

Goose57

Reaction score
Hi all finally decided to order a GEP long block from Leroy,s I’ve pull many gasoline engines. Any thing special I should know pulling the 6.5,s?. I pulled the rad. and support to make it easier for me because I will be pulling it alone. I’d like to pull the trans. with the motor . I have the 4 lift chains bolted to intake bolt holes on the heads. Thoughts? Also anybody ever move the wiring harness from under the intake manifold to above the intake ? I’d like to assemble the top end while I have it on the stand and install it as complete as possible. Thanks Gus.

Attachments​

Last edited:
That I’m not certain about but I think glagulator harness is made a little longer.
I believe so. I don't remember if I asked for longer, or if it's just the way he makes them.
I remember asking for a longer piece going to the Injection Pump to eliminate the little short optic sensor filter harness with the square block. Not sure I used the correct name there.
Please edit if I worded that poorly.
That might also be standard with his harnesses.

I never read thoroughly, but I have always removed that little harness and pitched it

I believe so. I don't remember if I asked for longer, or if it's just the way he makes them.
I remember asking for a longer piece going to the Injection Pump to eliminate the little short optic sensor filter harness with the square block. Not sure I used the correct name there.
Please edit if I worded that poorly.
That might also be standard with his harnesses.

I never read thoroughly, but I have always removed that little harness and pitched it
Me too.I always thrown it in the trash can as well

Thanks Glad that is what I am looking for. Look like a clean installation bravo! 👍. Got the motor and trans out all by myself 2days worth of work. Still have to get it on the stand and send the trans. out for a refresh. Are there any up grades worth doing while I have it at the shop?💁. I plan on a bunch of new parts and or upgrades. Upgrades: IP ?, Turbo ?, LP ? any suggestions ? high vol. WP, cooling fan, fluid dampener , exhaust and trans temp, fuel press. gauges. Air intake box. Already have boost gauge. Parts: ING,s GP,s and wiring, motor and trans mounts, Trans. oil and PS. coolers. Rad. and coolant res. Already have Leroy,s upgraded oil lines😎. CK sensor, turbo oil lines and return pipe. I have a spin on fuel filter set up from Leroy,s to install. Fuel tank and fuel hoses. Go through engine bay wiring. Thanks for all the help guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 10
Back