• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 6.0 Powerstroke record? 1004rwhp

TANK'S 250

Black Ops Bumpers
Reaction score
This just in!!!!

Shawn Ellerton made the trip from Canada to have his truck dyno tuned at Innovative Diesel's new shop.

Congrats to Shawn! I think we have a new record for the Powerstroke

shawnellerton2stages.jpg

2003 F-350 crew cab 4X4 SCT by innovative diesel NADP race tranny hypermax injectors REDNECK TWINS

from his signature...his truck has been feature in DPM and he has been in the DPC as well...he has a lot of supporting mods, i think a NADP tranny, etc. 315cc injectors i believe is what he said he was running maybe 350? dont remember, his custom build twin turbos by him, and 2 stages of nitrous....and im sure the list goes on for a while but thats it in a nutshell...

have you noticed both the 'record breakers' are from Canada??

The guy w/ the Dmax is (or used to be) Nastygirl and then this guy....

Just shows the US EPA is against us having fun ;)

That's an unbelievable amount of power!

WOW!!

I can't believe nobody cares that the 6.0L was capable of those numbers...

Anyone who puts down 4 digit numbers without scattering parts all over the shop gets my congratulations. Tank do you have any idea if that was #2 only or was he using NOS? I know it's a long battle to get to 1,000 on #2 only.

Anyone who puts down 4 digit numbers without scattering parts all over the shop gets my congratulations. Tank do you have any idea if that was #2 only or was he using NOS? I know it's a long battle to get to 1,000 on #2 only.

He said NOS was used.Not bad for a ford.Did he make it back to canada after that dyno run?):h

that run was 2 stages,...he plans on hitting the 3rd stage to really see what it will do.

That is really cool Tank! For any truck to put down those kind of numbers in very impressive. Like Devin said, anyone who can reach four digits on the HP/TQ numbers, they deserve a huge Congrats!

Not knowing too much about them, what is it that holds back the Power Strokes, especially the 6.0? I know they have head stud problem, but if a guy is going to make, or try to make big power, then I am sure that is going to be one of the first things he is going to do. But what am I missing that you just don't see that many big horsepower PSD's?

Headstuds is one of the main issues,...and even upgrading to ARP's,...there still isn't enough of them,..not like on the Chevy's and Dodges.

Another issue was thought to be the HPOP,...but he clearly debunked that myth,..he hit 1004rwhp on a stock 05 HPOP.

Ive been around the p-strokes and that is VERY impressive for a 6.0 and 1000+ HP. Shawn got his ducks in a row thats for sure! Now can it be reliable at that level is the long term question.

Ive been around the p-strokes and that is VERY impressive for a 6.0 and 1000+ HP. Shawn got his ducks in a row thats for sure! Now can it be reliable at that level is the long term question.

Very good question,...it is running a stock HPOP,...only time will tell

any thing making over 1000 horsepower is impressive but a powerstroke is really impressive. i remember when this guy put twins on his powerstroke the morning before his wedding. then used the truck to ride to the reception after he and his bride got married. i wonder what this guy will make with another stage

Back