• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need a part # & address

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Good day all,

I need the part number for the hood release cable, or better, hood release cable+ handle assy if that does exist, for a 1994 BLAZER Silverado.

I found numerous ones for the pickup ofr S10 Blazer, but none for mine ???

Do you know too where to find and buy one?

Thanks in advance.

By the vehicles listed in the add it appears 94 may be specific.

Send them an email and ask if they will ship internationally. I've asked on some US only shippers and some will.

Nope...same exact handle/cable/etc. from the introduction of the body style in 1988 (1992 for Blazers) through 1994. 1995 changed because of the interior redesign.

Richard

:mad2::mad2: received my new cable from LMC, their part # 31-1450 in the 92-94 BLAZER section. Too short of about 3" :mad2::mad2:

It seems 15981137 is too short.

I found in a catalog the right part might be **981138. I bet the ** are for 15, so the full part # would be 15981138? Any of you have access to a OEM catalog to check?

Any place were available? It seems these cables have disappeared from the planet :???:

Thanks!

:mad2::mad2: received my new cable from LMC, their part # 31-1450 in the 92-94 BLAZER section. Too short of about 3" :mad2::mad2:

It seems 15981137 is too short.

I found in a catalog the right part might be **981138. I bet the ** are for 15, so the full part # would be 15981138? Any of you have access to a OEM catalog to check?

Any place were available? It seems these cables have disappeared from the planet :???:

Thanks!

Yes, 15981138 is the correct number, however GM has discontinued it, no dealers show stock either. I also tried the old number 15655938 with no luck.

Well guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to do it by myself for this one.

May I ask for your help? If any of you can find this one, could he buy it and send it to me?
PM for details and arrange payments.

New or used in good shape is fine.

Thanks in advance.

31-1450 at LMC is for the 88-94 C/K truck.

In the 92-94 Blazer section, only 31-1451 is available for the Blazer 95-98, none available for the 92-94.

I though 92-94 trucks and Blazer were sharing the same, obviously not. The 92-94 one for the Blazer is specific so...

I asked a GM dealer, and here is the answer I get :
Alain, Unfortunately GM discontinued the part 15981138 and it is no longer available through them. I checked our locator and there is not a single GM dealer in the US that might still have one. That part number was used from 1992 to 1994 on full size trucks, blazers and suburbans. On the trucks it had to be a Crew Cab (4 door pick-up truck). Sorry, John

It seems it won't be easy to find this part.... junkyard may be?

Thanks Chris. Here is how it should look : http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1994-C...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc7dbf5f4&vxp=mtr

Keep in mind that to match the 92-94 BLAZER, you need part # 15981138 (discontinued) and not 15981137 which is too short.

The 92-94 BLAZER is said to share this cable with the same year SUBURBAN and Crew Cab truck only, not with the standard or extended cab CK, don't know why, but why make things easy, he?

I'm afraid the only solution is the junkyard.

Thanks for your help.

Back