• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Service Books (Documents attached)

durallymax

Reaction score
Some have asked on other sites so I decided to compile all of the documents (Excel and Word) that I put in all of the service books for the pieces of equipment on our farm.

I use 1" binders. The documents are as follows

Spine Sheet
Cover Sheet
General Info Sheet.
Service Record Sheet
Repair Sheet.

These are tailored for our trucks and their trim. Your part numbers and capacities may not match. The schedule is also one that I have tailored for the abuse our trucks take and feel it suits our needs.

DISCLAIMER: i am putting this up as a guideline. Simply delete what you want and enter in your own figures. This will not be a debate thread about when to change what and what oil to use. It is simple to show you my pretty spreadsheets. I did the legwork, just enter your own numbers where needed.

All part numbers are NAPA PNs. Change to your likings.

Here is the Excel. word Documents will follow in another post

View attachment Service Log Dmax sample.xlsx

now the word docs
View attachment General Information 02 Dmax.doc
View attachment Repair Form.doc
View attachment Spine Sheet Dmax.doc
View attachment Cover Sheet Dmax.doc

That is absolutely perfect Vinny!! I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to make a good spreadsheet for our vehicles. Thanks a ton!

i scratched my head alot. I had to make 36 service books and the duramaxes were the easiest.

so you staple receipts to the repair form?

does each piece of equipment get its own binder?

do you even keep a computer based maintenance record, or do you just print off these forms and keep everything in tangible format?

this looks like a very good system that I might borrow for myself, thanks!

I dont actually keep the true numbers in the computer (such as when the services were done etc) that way its easier for the others to enter it and it looks better when you sell it when its hand written.

Each piece with an engine has its own binder. Others are split into categories, planters, tillage, manure etc etc.

Back