• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

my first pull

I placed 10th out of 16 trucks. the track was really dry for me and I didn't spend too much time setting up the truck. I only had tie rod sleeves and lowered the torsion bars all the way. the trucks pulled hard and smooth and nothing broke.

I placed 10th out of 16 trucks. the track was really dry for me and I didn't spend too much time setting up the truck. I only had tie rod sleeves and lowered the torsion bars all the way. the trucks pulled hard and smooth and nothing broke.

As bad as you spun down the track you didn't do bad at all. 258Ft spinning is no slouch...:cool:

Do you have anything done to the transmission? Just curious because other then the tuning, I'm like you and only have sleeves for the truck but want to try hooking to the sled. Nice job on the pull.

stock trans but it has been tuned with efilive as well. I say go for it! It really doesn't seem to be too hard on the truck to pull it. It was kind of nice to hear it working for a change.

I pulled last weekend also. You should be fine with the stock trans.
I ran a pretty big tune and had no problems with just a transgo jr.

I've only pulled once myself. Stock trans here, don't quite well for what I was working with..

I've only pulled once myself. Stock trans here, don't quite well for what I was working with..

I know how you feel. I was probably the stockest truck there. Going up against a5000, injectors, trannys really well set up trucks. I only came up 40 foot short of the winner and less than 30 from second. It looks like I'm going to a pull on friday and I can't wait to try it again. I've got an ats five star converter sitting in my garage ready to go in. all I've got to do is gather up the rest of the parts and i'll pull the trans. Once the trans is done I'll really turn the wick up!

Back