• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mobil Delvac Super 1300

That is it. I started with it switched to two different synthetics and now I am back to it. I have not seen any ill effects of a switch in my UOA's.

8110008_mob_98kg69_pri_larg.jpg

That's all I used in my 06. The few UOA's I did with it were always excellent @ 5,000... viscosity was good and TBN was still in the 5 range.

Bonus- it's a WalMart oil that goes on sale from time to time.

i used to run it,but now i run the ''walmart'' brand 15-40,im told its made by mobil and is the same ,just a walmart label[on the diesel weekend talk show on xm radio]

I've pushed the Rotella to 10K miles towing hard and hot in the 2008 Duramax. This mileage was near the end of life of the oil per UOA. At 5K I don't think it will matter what you run.

On the 6.5 I run what is on sale and in fact I like the pour spouts on the Mobile jug. This was the oil I had stay the cleanest the longest with the gapless rings as it was the first oil I ran - not that others would do any worse.

The hardest thing to do is switch to synthetic as your leaks WILL show up...

Thats all we run at work in our 4 cycle diesels, 5.9 Cummins, Series 60's EGR and non EGR and the Ford 6.0. The only thing we ever get UOA's back that are out of range are the 6.0's. Anything over 5k and they are below the viscosity range and over the fuel dilution but that has nothing to do with the oil. All of the others we do at 250 hrs with about a 70% idle ratio.
We used to have a few Mercedes 948's (8.7l IIRC) that could really stretch it out with this oil. They had the centrifuge filter on them and could go an amazingly long time and still have good UOA's (8-9k with a 70% idle and well over 400hrs)

Well I bought some at Wal-mart last night. I'm thinking of getting the Mobil-1 oil filter also, or just stick with the Wix or AcDelcos?

I've ran it at one point or another in every diesel I've own, and it's in the Cummins right now. I've been very happy with it. And it doesn't hurt that it's usually about $12-13 a gallon. I have seen it at Farm & Fleet before on sale for about $9 after a mail in rebate. I'll get a couple cases of it then.

You can switch oil all you want. The only thing that can happen when you switch is that if you have an older engine with sludge holding gaskets together, leaks can appear. All that is happening is the oil is removing the deposits that are holding your gaskets together.

You can run a different oil by a different brand every change with no adverse affects provided you run a good filter and the oil meets the specifications needed by your engine.

A recent article in Four wheeler magazine stated that the AC Delco filter appeared identical to the Walmart super tech filter and the K&N was the same as the Mobil 1. For those that like more info on filters its a good read.

Back