• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Michelin XPS Rib

Rhinoliner
For waterproof and incredible strength and will never wear: the professionally sprayed on bed liner materials. There are a few brands you can look at but all of the big 3 are waterproof and you can’t hurt them with a sledgehammer if you try.
Youtube search the subject to see ridiculous results of strength.

The DIY kits DO NOT give the same results. Not even close.

You could get the best of both worlds by adding supports to have a gap, say 2”, doing spray foam on top, then add 3/4” plywood on top of them. Then have it all rhinolined. Just make sure the lip of rhino line comes down onto the side a couple inches if doing the additional insulation top. I would talk to rhinoliner installed first for their opinion of what will work best on coverage.

If not adding the insulation top, just the rhinoliner, you can do only the top and none of the sides, but I would absolutely incase the seams of the roof to walls since the seams are where the leaks occur. The difference of guys who have rhino lined their hummers that I have been in, less road noise, and a tiny difference in heat rejection in the summer- but so small it is subjective. One guy did a paint booth temperature comparison using the heat lights- and it was like 2° for a while then the heat soaks through the windows in a couple hours and made no difference. But the light temp was something around 160° iirc.

As to the Michelin tires- maybe rhino line them for longer wear? 🤪

Back