• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Luck of the draw.

Volumejunkie

Reaction score
Well my gravy is running out. A few local guys have been paying me to move stuff for them. Kinda crazy, one's truck broke and he needed his boat moved. He paid me $100 to move it about 30 miles. He told somebody about it and they paid me to haul a car for them, then told somebody else and i made about 3 pulls moving some bobcat attatchments. It was insane, they all supplied the trailers, and loaded/unloaded them. Hell 2 of them rode with me. Why cant this happen more? Oh well i got some change from them and hopefully they will remember me next time.

Always fun to pull something with yoru truck.

We all could use some extra money! :becky:

Man, why can't i come across any deals like that? oh wait..... might need to get that gooseneck hitch first. lol

If you wanna be nice to your truck, dont put a gooseneck in. Youll get carried away. We have a living example at our farm.

An 02 DMax with only 110,000 miles. But its worth a whopping $14,000 because of how beat it is from towing and plowing.,

It was all bumper pull. If I find more luck i'm gonna use the money to dump the stock hitch.

I've heard of all the stockers failing. Makes you wonder next time when you pull something...:decision:

same here so far no problems with the stock hitch hauling 12k but i deff dont feel confident kowing its back there

I have a Curt Mule II cusion hitch, Works well pulling loaded chopper boxes that tip the scales at about 22,000lbs.

Really easy install, did it 20 minutes before a pull last summer.

But I might have to ditch it for a Reese tow beast for pulling this summer.

BTW volume junkie, hows your stock turbo holding up to that big head and boost valve. I hit 33psi with my PPE valve I cant imagine what your at.

Just bought the truck last June.

I was already tuning it with EFI Live 4 days after I bought it.

Made 5 hooks over the summer and finished in the middle of the class every time, finished in the money at one pull, really sticky track so my bald tires did really well against everybody elses mud tires.

Ive been doing tons of little stuff to it for next season. Picked up a couple sponsors so I can hopefully do my tranny at a minimum, then duel fuelers and a turbo. That should keep me going for awhile, anything past that and Ill be building a complete race motor.

yea these trucks can get addicting with wanting to keep doing mods. if only i had the money lol

I had the big-head first becase i'm almost ashamed to admit, but i started out with the banks big-hoss bundle....... I never realy had much luck adjusting it easily. I got the ppe valve too, and still have it if anybody needs a used one. The kennedy valve helped me set it EXACTLY where i want easily. Not a one size fits all, and easier to adjust than that damn big-head. I keep it at 32psi.

i pull with a gooseneck hitch. the key is be careful and don't beat on the thing just towing wont actually kill the truck, it's the throwing stuff around that does the damage. ive been hauling for years and the truck doesn;t devalue by a lot if your careful. you gotta drive gentle too tho and youll be fine

Just bought the truck last June.

I was already tuning it with EFI Live 4 days after I bought it.

Made 5 hooks over the summer and finished in the middle of the class every time, finished in the money at one pull, really sticky track so my bald tires did really well against everybody elses mud tires.

Ive been doing tons of little stuff to it for next season. Picked up a couple sponsors so I can hopefully do my tranny at a minimum, then duel fuelers and a turbo. That should keep me going for awhile, anything past that and Ill be building a complete race motor.

Building the trans would be a big help, you might consider installing a modded regulator before doing the duel fuelers, it might give you all the fuel you need without worrying about breaking down because of duel fuelers. ;)

Back