• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a LLY tow/milage tune to try

9W3-HD

Reaction score
Im going to be tuning my brother in law's 05 to try to help him get better milage, anyone have a tune I could try. Completely stock LLY with no gauges so it would have to be safe. If anyone had one I would appreciate it!

Thanks.

Do you know what OS it is? Heres a script that I made off of a 15231600. It is based mostly off of a tune from DP that I made a few changes to for somebody. EGR is disabled electronically and the codes for it shut off so you can block it, LB7 idle tuned into the turbo, speed limit raised to 120, fuel bumped up some, and the timing has been changed quite a bit in it. This is supposed to be a stock trans safe tune as it is only a30% increase in fuel. I dropped the torque limits back to stock in it since you say it is all stock.

Attachments

• 05 milage 60HP+.txt
    70.3 KB · Views: 87
ferm, what you getting for mileage with that. i average around 18 with either mileage or big tune. i guess it is because i dont add much fuel on either tune below 50mm3 so around town doesnt change much.

Thanks Ferm! Im realatively in the basic category when it comes to EFI, so a couple questions, how do you find your Operating system number, and how do you turn a scipt into a tune file? I bought EFI and a couple tunes for my LMM from Duramax-tuner and just flashed them on my 08, so thats about all I really know how to do.

Thanks Ferm! Im realatively in the basic category when it comes to EFI, so a couple questions, how do you find your Operating system number, and how do you turn a scipt into a tune file? I bought EFI and a couple tunes for my LMM from Duramax-tuner and just flashed them on my 08, so thats about all I really know how to do.

Post your stock tune up and someone will run this script on the tune for you.

To upload, just attach it like you would a picture.

I haven't run this tune myself as I have an LB7. This tune is based off of a tune I got from the DP that is a known good tune for milage. I just added in the LB7 rumble idle, made the fueling more progressive, made a few tweeks to give full fueling, and adjusted out the MAF tables to reduce some of the turbo lag. When you open the tune the OS will be in the upper middle of the first screen that pops up. If you have any questions about wether it will work post the stock tune and I'll look at it to see if it is the later one or not. I know GM made some changes to the later 05 OS's to correct some tuning abnormalities from the 04.5 OS's.

The OS is circled in red, and you select the script from wherever you have saved it at(the default file is EFILIVE, V7.5, user configuration, then scripts).

Attachments

• scripting.jpg
    scripting.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 30
perfect..thanks guys!! I'm not sure when I will be able to actually do any of this but I'll post back as soon as I get the stock tune copied.

thanks again!

I ran the sript over it and made a few other tweeks to it for this app. I thgink you'll like it.

Attachments

• LLY%20STOCKER[2].tun
    630 KB · Views: 47
This is a tow tune I just built up. It's just a rough draft basically as I don't have a truck to test it on to smooth it out, but all of the changes in it are safe changes. I added some boost into it for the lower altitudes in the upper fueling areas only, added in 20% more fuel up top, set the timing at 50%, and a few other little tweaks. Like I said it will probably need some final tweaks, but should work pretty well like it is.

Attachments

• 2005 LLY tow.tun
    629.8 KB · Views: 56
I loaded that tow tune Ferm and so far so good, I ran empty up to Laramie Wyoming from Fort Collins yesterday and there are some pretty steep hills and the truck climbed awesome, had plenty of power and shifted smoothly. I will let you know how she performs with 10,000lbs behind her!

I loaded that tow tune Ferm and so far so good, I ran empty up to Laramie Wyoming from Fort Collins yesterday and there are some pretty steep hills and the truck climbed awesome, had plenty of power and shifted smoothly. I will let you know how she performs with 10,000lbs behind her!

It should be a decent tow tune. I only raised the boost 3 lbs up top to handle the 20% added fuel, smoothed out the throttle table up top, enabled full fueling, disabled the EGR electronically, and set the timing to 50%. It's real similiar to my LB7 changes except I can't adjust the boost on mine via EFI. I know my EGT's dropped with these changes towing, and the timing really helps the throttle response.

Back