• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Limp Mode

"F", I still think my issue is overboosting, I get a P0236 error every now and again. I don't know anybody with a PCM, is it a common tool a shop will have?
Snap-On Mt2500 is most available scanner most shops still have them go for a test drive with that connected report back boost readings, the RTV sealing you reported still bothers me have you "rodded-out" the sensing hole in the intake manifold it's not really that big, also with stock programming overboost not really possibly.

IIRC P0236 is a boost system fault summary low or high, is is possible you are sensing boost low, & not boost high ? Gnds could cause a voltage/reading error as well.

Figured out the problem. Whoever worked on the truck reversed the vacum lines going into the wastegate solenoid. Now I get a boost of 6-8 on take off and it drops off after I get up to speed until I hit a hill.
Thanks for all the help.

Back