• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaking stainless oil hose

hookedup50, did you take a look at Hewitt Industries? Your post made me think of them. They list an engine protection system (kit 191-500) that will give an alarm and 30 seconds later shut down the engine for low oil pressure, high coolant temp, and low coolant level. Their website claims easy installation, low cost, and made in the USA. When I first saw this shutdown switch it reminded me of a few rides I had in a White Freightliner when I was still in high school.

His original hose was one of mine. bleeder contacted me and I got a new one out today for him. He said it was leaking from the middle of the hose (I thought??) never had one do that. I could almost understand a bad crimped connection, but now I understand how it got its leak. Rubbing moving parts is not good :hihi:
Should have new hose before Friday.

What kind of warranty do you have for that kind of damage?

Bleeder, I will check that out. I used to drive a White Freightliner to haul bulk propane from the ferry dock to the plant for transfer(3 miles each way). That truck had alarms for evrything it seemed, cause they all went off on start up. Thats what I had in mind when I last searched. You just made me feel old, cause I drove that truck in the 80s and seemed like last week. Thanks for info.

Back