• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just got a new Suburban-looking for some suggestions

I know my 95 was NOT 3" coming out of the muffler, and was barely a 2.75" pipe. Not to mention how restrictive it was in the bends. You WILL notice an improvement by going to a 4" pipe over the stock pipe even straight piped. 3" is all that is needed so long as it is mandrel bent, but the stock system would be lucky to flow what a 2.5" mandrel bent system could. And a tune on a stock straight piped exhaust would be an EGT NIGHTMARE!

And after talking with Leroy this morning,I have ditched the strait pipe idea. DE 4" with new downpipe,and also now thinking about an S&B intake,probably easier than sourcing a K47.

Get a K47. It's the best option out there.

Take your OEM lift pum p back and get a OEM for a 1993 if you are sticking with an OEM style lift pump. Do not use anything other than a GM or AC Delco for an OEM style lift pump. After markets have proven to be undependable.

Spend the little extra money and get a stainless exhaust. It beats changing it in 3 to 5 years if you keep the vehicle

Do not wait til the PMD fails. Put the kit on now and if it fails you have a known to be good PMD to hook on to.

One of my favorite mods is the bypass filter and Amsoil 5w30 synthetic oil. it's done well by me for the over 2,000,000 miles We've put on our vehicles. All 6.5's

Back