• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Junk Yard Find, dome light: redo.....

Nice!! Good job.

I swapped in the same light into my extended cab last year in place of the ugly 94 era light. Love it!! I painted the outer plastic trim to match the rest of the plastic interior instead though.

I also added a short front console, not the long one like yours. It had bullseye lights and a small catch-all pocket. I removed the pocket and put gauges there instead.

Don

Nice!! Good job.

I swapped in the same light into my extended cab last year in place of the ugly 94 era light. Love it!! I painted the outer plastic trim to match the rest of the plastic interior instead though.

I also added a short front console, not the long one like yours. It had bullseye lights and a small catch-all pocket. I removed the pocket and put gauges there instead.

Don

did the console come from an S10 blazer? can you post pics?

Here you go!

I have no idea what it was originally from. I found it laying in a 94 Sub in the pick-n-pull. It was obviously not from the Sub as it didn't match the interior color of the Sub. There wasn't anything close to it in the yard that matched in color, although the S-10s were in a different area.

I took out the shelf and filled it in with some black plastic (pvc?). Since there wasn't originally any overhead light there I pulled power from the overhead light in back at the same time as I swapped in the newer light there like deejaaa did.

This pic also shows the mirror with temp and compass readouts that I got from a 99 Tahoe.

Don

Attachments

• IMGP1219.jpg
    IMGP1219.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
I know it came from an 01' Silverado or Sierra for sure...maybe as early as a 99' on up to who knows when...

that same overhead console came in my truck...

here's a pic of mine with Dakota Digital gauges...

attachment.php

overhead.jpg

i know what i will be looking for when i make the next visit to the jy.

Those do look good.
Deejaaa, I would rather have the long console you can install gauges in them as well.

Pepp, that yard doesn't have anything in GM truck line as new as 01, at least when I found the console, and only a few in the 90s era. They do have a bunch of S-10s though.

I like the looks of your digitals. I wish I'd had the bucks for digital when I got the Glowshift, but I did what I could with what I had to work with. I did get the three gauge pillar pod also.

Don

I have to admit, I really don't like to have to look up to check the egt's or boost...It's not so much a problem when daily driving or towing...its when drag racing that its a little unsettling to have to make that glance up a few times...I can dig up the part # for those that find the consoles but it does not have the blank cover in it...I know guy tripp at socaldiesel sells billet aluminum inserts for that console that are already cut out for gauges...

Last edited:
I find I don't look UP as much as I thought I might. However, the gauges there are fuel pressure and aux coolant temp. My EGT is the middle one in the three gauge pillar pod, right at optimum sight level.

Don

Back