• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It still ran... The complete total destruction tear down 1995 Suburban

If you think the pictures look bad, you should have seen it in person. The photos of #8 don't do it justice. The entire piston skirt was on the oil pickup, The engine oil had the color and consistency of mercury. There was literally chunks of piston in every rod and main bearing.

The only thing I can compare it to was the time I dropped a valve seat at 4000 rpm in a Corvair.

It looks like the piston skirt came apart, the rod started knocking on the cylinder wall, the piston got cocked at TDC, valves hit the piston, and finally the rod went through the cylinder into the water jacket... in 4 places.

Oh well, least you got a good timing chain cover out of it!

The sludge was dumped out and reading part numbers on the parts not fitting through the oil drain plug did concern me. So there was fresh oil put in to help clean up the sludge for tear down. Looks like there was little hope of that helping anything.

Maybe this shot does it a little more justice.

8.jpg

Last edited:
Back