• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP timing OBD II

Well, I did the timing procedure. It really is kinda strange how the numbers "jump around" at any rate, it went from -2.20 to 1.63 after tons of KOKO's. It was at -1.94 for a while but then it reverted to the -1.63. Seeing as how I can't really say how I got it to -1.94 in the 1st place, I'll think I'll stick with the -1.63 for a while. I have plenty of other things that need attention on the rig.

Thanks to all who helped me out on this- I never could have done it without this forum!!

When it hit -1.94 I turned truck off like qwomack said to. When I started it up it still showed -1.94. After another shut down (without a TDCO learn) when I started it back up it was sitting at -1.63.

Not sure if that helps at all.

Oh- and I never moved the pump. It went that entire range without mechanical adjustment.

turning the truck off does not seem like a sound practice to end a timing procedure.

The same TDCO flucuation will happen after the TDCO relearn procedure in my OBD1 truck if I do a couple things. one is if I do not perform the timeset before each TDCO learn, and two is if I exit the TDCO learn procedure early myself. If I do the timeset or let TDCO run its course it never seems to flucuate afterwards. I have done it about 80 times on my truck.

Back