• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector Nozzles

If you idle and cruise at low RPM a lot, then excessive pop pressure could wear out the IP faster, so it might be a tradeoff. The IP wont build more than pop pressure at idle, because it so low of a volume that it doesnt necessitate more pressure, it just need to get it to pop. So by making it pop higher at idle and cruising around under 2000rpm at low fuel rates when it also may not ever reach 3000psi, there is more stress than normal. That, idle clatter, and similar systems is why I had recommended 2700psi max, and typically not more than 2500psi, 2300psi standard. If it turns out not to make a durability difference, after there are 50,000 miles on IPs with 3000+ pop injectors then I will absolutely reconsider my own recommendations. Its just an unkown.

I guess you aren't aware of all the direct injected engines running the 4 and 6cyl version of this pump, with pop pressures over 3000psi for thousands of hours??

I guess you aren't aware of all the direct injected engines running the 4 and 6cyl version of this pump, with pop pressures over 3000psi for thousands of hours??

While this is completely true... Buddies statement still has some merit because the engines these pumps are used on on DI are usually: farm equip, generators, construction... ect. So they don't spend much time idling, or having to throttle through the power range. They are turned on, and stay at peak RPM all day long.

Also, with less cyilnders there are a lot less movements up and down, less per revolution so stuff isnt moving as fast, so this will naturally also wear slower.

Great thread.

What marine nozzles are you using 6.2?

The burning of injector tips intriques me, I ran my stock n/a 6.2 nozzles at 20 psi of boost for aprox 20-3,0000 km's with no signs of wear or damage.

I am currently running OE nozzles popped at 2800 psi with the faces cut open and its never ran so good BUT she now won't start hot, H@R shitt the bed due to my lift pump not doing its job, it couldn't pull my witch's brew so of course, my IP took a hit, :(

They are Bosch. I do miss having the pop psi @ 3850 . Now that its winter, they would work fine.

Thanks. Where did you get them?

Just installed a Dmax van fuel pump/filter setup, have to drive her home but she hasn't started this good in months.

I got them on Ebay. I've been running Holley pumps,but they hate thick fuel. Have it set around 20 psi.

The stock 6.5 pump doesn't like it either, lol.

The van setup easily pulls my brews.

20 psi? Aren't we are suppose to limit the fuel pressure to 8-9 psi on DB2 pumps? I know my transfer pump is done, hence a lot of my starting and power issues.

Cleaned my injectors and set the pop psi to 3500,all within 50 psi. Sounds like a real diesel now:thumbsup:

What nozzles?

I was playing last night with my n/a 265 nozzles, they popped at 1800 or so, pattern was so so, put the pressure to 2500, much better, tried 3000 and they went backwards.

Works best with marines,stock 304 might work also. The long nozzles or any without a flat spotted pintle won't have the same results. In a way increasing pop psi makes the injector smaller,and it takes away the flooding affect under the turbo. I'm running these combined with small na precups. Has good power all around,and is not so dependent on boost.

Great info, thanks. I noticed the flat spot on the pintle, weird. :skep:

I have some 304's, I'll try that later as I have the small precups too. Still on the fence if I want to with bigger precups when I install my GEP.

Tried the 304's, they do have a flat spot, wonder why they do that? Anyhow, 2100 the pattern was so so, 2500 much better, 3000 was awesome, didn't try 3500. These were worn injectors, unsure of mileage. I tested them using my 70/30 WMO and gas brew.

Back