• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I may have found the cause of my dreaded codes

gnel

Reaction score
35 and 36. After checking fuel lines,lift pump, grounds and even replacing the fuel manager. I was at my wits end. Then I had a partial runaway happen twice once driving and another in my yard. I then remebered reading about someone with similiar problems and the new PMD being the cause.
Well today I took the old standadyne PMD off the pump and put it were my new (pensacola) bumper mounted remote is. VOILA no codes.
I forgot to switch new #9 resistor and left the original resistor. I swear it feels like I have less UMPH now???? Could the diode do that?
Regardless I´m very happy to be codeless!
Thanks to everyone who posts here. g

Last edited:
Glad to hear you resolved it. Also, it's a resistor, not a diode. To confirm, it was the Dtech that caused the runaways?

Shouldn't they be doing a Toyota style recall soon?

I've probably got 5 or more of the Dipaco PMD's

I guess it's back to Standynes for me. I hate to wait til they go bad to swap with the run away shit going on. I can't afford to just start swapping them when they are running fine.

Has anyone heard anything about the Dorman PMD that Dieselcare sell's down in Florida, they say it's improved has a larger case and you don't need a chiller plate if you use one.
If Dorman make's it probably made in China.

Mark

Glad to hear you resolved it. Also, it's a resistor, not a diode. To confirm, it was the Dtech that caused the runaways?

Oops resistor my bad.I don´t know if its a Dtech there is nothing but numbers on it. It is black,made in the USA and has the numbers 470002AD molded into it. Maybe the final letter d = d tech? The standadyne that was on the IP works fine.

Has anyone heard anything about the Dorman PMD that Dieselcare sell's down in Florida, they say it's improved has a larger case and you don't need a chiller plate if you use one.
If Dorman make's it probably made in China.

Mark

Dorman is a D-Tech

I bumper mounted after reading so much about failures. I live in a very high heat area. I also wanted to have an extra.

Last edited:
It looks like everything that does NOT say Stanadyne is a rebadged Dtech: Dorman, Dipaco, Flight System, even GM.

Yep - there are still only 2 manufacturers... Stanadyne and FS. The Flight Systems PMDs have indeed had issues, but I don't know that we can say they've had more problems than the old Stanadyne ones...

Another thing, and no insult intended, please ... it seems to me that many of the DTechs that failed were on home-made heat sinks. Whenever I put something together and it craps out, I wonder if I missed something important.

I'd sure be interested in feedback from others who got one as part of a kit - from Leroy, or Bill Heath, for instance. There may be a reason why some are failing and others aren't.

Then again, it could be purely random.

My old stanadyne didn't do a runaway, just a bunch of stalling and surging (the dreaded parking-lot surge when backing out of a stall with a mercedes behind me - ACK). Runaways are freaky.

Has any member's here or other forum's tried to build a PMD? I mean I'm in awe of the knowledge that some possess on this forum. It would be cool if a member here could finally solve this problem.

Mark

x2 you would think that remote mounting would leave plenty of room for size deviation. Some of you electron gurus please build us a bullet proof one.

Back