• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I hear the newer trucks are dectable by the dealer?

D

dieselholic06

So, like the title, Can GM now tell on the newer trucks if you've had a chip?

They can find anything they want to. They always could. it just depends if they want to.

They can find anything they want to. They always could. it just depends if they want to.

This is very true.:D

Yes tuners can be detected. the pcm stores up to ten programing calibration numbers in its history. I'm not sure, but I don't believe that a piggy back module such as the Edge leaves a number trail, however, you can usually see where things have been tampered with.

Most times you won't have an issue with any of this unless you have some kind of catastrophic failure. So my advice to all who still wish to retain their warranty coverage: Keep a good working relationship with your dealership's service dept. Takecare of them and they'll take care of you in the end.:beer:

Yes tuners can be detected. the pcm stores up to ten programing calibration numbers in its history. I'm not sure, but I don't believe that a piggy back module such as the Edge leaves a number trail, however, you can usually see where things have been tampered with.

Most times you won't have an issue with any of this unless you have some kind of catastrophic failure. So my advice to all who still wish to retain their warranty coverage: Keep a good working relationship with your dealership's service dept. Takecare of them and they'll take care of you in the end.:beer:

So Noah, you telling us that little Tech 2 of yours is very powerful huh? :D

Yes, but not quite as powerful as my magic wand:pop2::D:D

Or the ink pen as well.:pound::eyebrows:

Good Advice...

Back