• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I have come over to the dark side...

Awesome that you got the LBZ...

very nice truck...you won't be disappointed...especially coming from a 6.5(not being mean...I had one myself)

No hard feelings, 6.5's are very limited compared to the Dmax. I can already tell it was a good choice for my business.

yep...like I said...I had a 94...and who knows...had I found a forum like the page or place at the time in 96' when I started having problems I wouldn't have switched to the Cummins back then...I traded that cummins for a Dmax "real" crew cab in november of 2000...

That's a nice looking truck Tanner. You will love the LBZ with 360 Hp and the 650lb. ft of torque out the door. Best of luck with it.....

Nice truck! :thumbsup:

But,

I like how your house has no other houses in sight of it. :hihi:

Truck looks great! Looks like it's been quite some time since you guys got any rain to speak of.

Enjoy the LBZ!

Nice truck! :thumbsup:

But,

I like how your house has no other houses in sight of it. :hihi:

I am watching football at my parents, their TV is bigger than mine lol. Closest neighbor is ~3 miles (not counting my grandparents weekend cabin ~1/2 mile).

My house is ~15 miles away but has the same neighbor situation. :thumbsup:

I live on the farm, my parents live on the ranch. :D

Those K&N filters are garbage. All you have to do is pull out your stock air box and you'll see where 90% of the air is drawn in from, and it's not the sides. If K&N had an open end to their filters like they should, they might be on par with the rest.

Also, your speedo and mileage is way off. You're running 20's and not the factory 16" rims and Edge does not correct your speedo and odo for that. It's probably reading about 7-8 mph slower than you're actually going.

Truck looks great! Looks like it's been quite some time since you guys got any rain to speak of.

Enjoy the LBZ!

We got an inch of rain just a week ago. The last time we got an inch in a couple days was October 2010. We have gotten 10 inches of rain in the past 12 months, compare to the 30" annual average

Sweet ride! BTW your lie-o-meter will speak the truth as soon as you get the speedo calibrated dead on...at least mine did. Running a diablo predator on +85 hp and setting the "correct" tire size with the tuner made the speedo way off. I'm running 265's and had to set the tire size (with the tuner) at 242 to get the speedo to match two different GPS's. Now, every tank I average 18.5-19.4 running back and forth to work (mpg hand calculated) and it's always within .4 mpg.

Hmm, I might play around with my tire size settings then! Mine are ROUGHLY the same size as a 265/75r16 (32.x"), thats a good place to start.

My fuel filter is back at 1% after ~2000 miles. I am getting ~15mpg towing and 18-19 daily driving. I fill up at a station owned by a oil well frac service company running 30 trucks that get filled daily and 5 kodiac service trucks pulling 1200 galon fuel tanks. It is a small station and they go through diesel fast so I doubt that is the issue.

I used a wix filter last go around, are they really that bad?

I have my lie o meter running exactly 1mpg high now so it is getting closer. The speedo is starting to get slow though.

My fuel filter is back at 1% after ~2000 miles. I am getting ~15mpg towing and 18-19 daily driving. I fill up at a station owned by a oil well frac service company running 30 trucks that get filled daily and 5 kodiac service trucks pulling 1200 galon fuel tanks. It is a small station and they go through diesel fast so I doubt that is the issue.

I used a wix filter last go around, are they really that bad?

I have my lie o meter running exactly 1mpg high now so it is getting closer. The speedo is starting to get slow though.

I would cut a filter open and see what it looks like.....

10-4, I will go with ac delco this time though.

I know your current station runs through a good amount of diesel. I would suggest after your filter change and a look at the old filter you may want to try another station. They might have a ton of crap in their tanks that your getting..

Maybe so. I am going to check the filter out like you suggested just out of curriosity. My main reason for doubting that it is the station is because I have gotten long service life out of my 6.5 wix filters (~10K) and fill up there 90% of the time. I did fill up twice at other stations and one was alil shady but i was already down to 3% before that (price was right and i was in a pinch).

Could this be from crud in my tank? I have been using powerservice inj cleaner/octane boost and the PO said he never ran additives.

Also the filter showed 8% when new so I am thinking the filter is just too restrictive/poorly built? Just a though, I am still going to investigate.

The DIC fuel filter percentage reading is just a reminder and is set for 15k miles no matter what. Most everybody changes FF at 10 to 15k. It's not like the oil life system that is pretty accurate.

There is no real need to run additives with these trucks. I did run stanadyne when I was living up in the north east but mainly due to the extreme cold clime that we had just to prevent gelling of the fuel, which WILL happen. I pretty much learned to baby it when it was really cold and it wouldn't limp.

The DIC fuel filter percentage reading is just a reminder and is set for 15k miles no matter what. Most everybody changes FF at 10 to 15k. It's not like the oil life system that is pretty accurate.

So is there a reset procedure for the FF? I never read the owner manual to know if that was needed. I assumed it was like the Oil life system and just had a sensor that took a reading.

There is no real need to run additives with these trucks. I did run stanadyne when I was living up in the north east but mainly due to the extreme cold clime that we had just to prevent gelling of the fuel, which WILL happen. I pretty much learned to baby it when it was really cold and it wouldn't limp.

I'll remember that. I am used to a 6.5 where it is recomended to run additives and increase lubrication. I used my basic 6.5 Mix of goodies.

Tanner, Do you have the DIC steering wheel buttons? That's where to reset the FF reminder. If not, then the other way can be found somewhere here.
As to additives just see the current poll. I personally do use them quite a bit. In real cold weather, as Nick mentioned, go VERY light on the throttle or you can throw it into limp. 2000 RPM and 2nd gear on a -0* day is not fun out in the middle of nowhere. This I can assure you.

Back