• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

how to elimanate computer

pouringsmoke

Reaction score
99 silverado 6.2 conversion need starter wires and stuff but how do i keeps the wires i need and throw the computer

running the trans that was mated to the 6.2 gotta make room so i can make headers for it other wise the exhaust wont clear front diff so decided to twin turbo

not sure yet on that ran into a prob on the driverside cant get the pipe to fit through everything its to tight so was thinking doing crossover pipe and mount the 2nd turbo next to the other one and gonna have a 6.2 nut from my town to build the pump 6.5 manifold will clear diff

My brother had built a header for that side and it is tight that's for sure! But it can be done. Heath did it ... It would make for an awesome setup!

Ours was a 94 . After he built the header setup we changed plans and built a center mount! So we never ran it with the headers.

I don't have any pictures, but we started with the Hummer headers. Cut them up an went from there ..... never completely finished this setup, but we do have plans to finish it before long and put the setup in a 98 Yukon.

nice i was gonna do a cummins but got the 6.2 for free from my sponser so far so good should be fired up tomorrow i hope

Cummins is the ultimate engine but what's the challenge in putting a Cummins in?? I enjoy a good challenge so i am sticking with the 6.2/6.5 engine for a challenge!

i will agree budy thinks im nuts but what does he know lol how did u do the center mount set up

Haha, some people just don't understand! We used van manifolds and modified them a bit an built from there. Built a pedestal in the valley an up pipes very similar to a duramax setup. Go look at cumminsfevers center mount thread. That's the first one we built as a test build. Now we have learned a bit an the next setup will be slightly tweaked, hopefully for better results ......

thanks and they dont understand the fun or the advantige do to pulling the race car and prob never will

Twins would be cool. But the center mount was much easier to build. I won't post pics of my header. It simply looks horrible. It was FULL of leaks. Not that it will matter on a dyno engine... but not for the street!
If you truly wanna see pics, pm me your email address, I'll send you some!

Back