• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How far do you top up your fuel tank on your Diesel?

How far do you top off your Diesel Truck?

• When the pump clicks off

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • ^ Restart, 1 more click

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • ^ 2 more clicks

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Baby it up to the top of the neck!

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
We all know how foamy diesel gets when we fill up, so it's definitely "worth" topping up a little, IMHO. I usually do one more after letting it set a minute.

Topped Off or as Close to it for me or once my Patience are gone from Waiting for the Foam to go Down.

Don't forget the 2 cards and 4 swipes due to stations cutting you off at a small $100 and only allowing 2 swipes per card before you have to use another one.
Foam with two tanks is also a challenge.

to the top of course! :)

different pump speeds, nozzle differences, etc. make for small inconsistencies in fueling by pump clicks, so to the top whenever I can. if pressed for time or money, even gallon amounts so when at a later time I can fuel to the top and figure up MPG, the even amounts are easy to add in to the total.

when towing on 1,000 mile trips, the 34 gallon tank is still too small, gotta make it count!

on pickups with a pickup box, i need to get an in bed tank, and try to rig it up california legal with a sucker straw rather than gravity, one less thing to get a ticket for in case my ass gets nabbed. :)

on the "baby semi" (95 C2500HD) I am debating about adding a burb tank in place of the spare tire and just carrying one spare in the neck of the trailer (the one spare thing will happen when I buy this trailer off dad and actually run some decent rubber) rig it up similar to the true straight rail chassis cabs as far as plumbing, but will try to find a large cheap spin on filter pre transfer pump (will use another LP to have a spare) so I can fuel only the back tank and transfer as I am fueling so I can pre-filter the fuel and wont have to clean the sock in the factory tank.

I figure over +100 fill ups the inconsistencies in fuel amounts would average out.

I do fill to the top though. I also use low speed. People hate getting behind me.

Sent from: Source Unknown

My '84 K-5 Blazer will take 2 - 2 1/2 gallons after 1st click. Hook nozzle on last 'spring coil' at lowest 'latch' is good for 1 - 1/2 gal then baby it in. If I'm in a hurry or someones waiting, I for-go the babying. I have a Mercedes 300 CD which would take about a half a cup of fuel after the click, no babying necessary. Its all in the design, I guess, but you pay for it in the end, , , ,-corne-

I never put that much thought into it, but have had the tank overfill before, so I just let it click and move on. It's only a 26 gal tank, so I can look forward to filling the tank up within the week.

Since Forest had his fun answering all the polls, I'm gonna bump this one. ;)

Mods, can I get a sticky and de-sticky on the old one?

Since Forest had his fun answering all the polls, I'm gonna bump this one. ;)

Mods, can I get a sticky and de-sticky on the old one?

Do ya want this poll made sticky and the ac poll un-stuck?
-confused, sort of

I don't put diesel in my truck anymore. But it hurts to fill up with 35 gallons of gas none the less.

Usually to the top plus I tend to stop at .05 or .19 on the amount unless I get frustrated at where I am fueling and then depending on what i am doing stop and go to another station or gut it out.

Usually to the top plus I tend to stop at .05 or .19 on the amount unless I get frustrated at where I am fueling and then depending on what i am doing stop and go to another station or gut it out.

What's the deal with 0.05 or 0.19, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from: Source Unknown

Back