• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hour meter resets randomly

SFC Cobb

Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the hour meter randomly resetting to 0?

Is there a tech bulletin or anything on this. On DP there seems to be a lot of guys having issues with this.

I don't remember the specific years, but there is issues with like the '05 and earlier. My '05 patrol rig reset after a couple years. Some of my coworkers had similar incidents. Have no clue if there is a TSB.

Mine has reset at least once, today, and when my son had it must have reset a couple of times. I know the hours and miles didn't jive with each other. Today it went back to 0. I saw it when it had .9 hours on it.

Are the hours actually recorded and stored in the computer? If so could they be reset into the hour meter?

My 2008 did this when the passenger side battery failed. Low batteries and cranking it or jump starting it appear to cause a reset. Bad connections could also brown it out. Appears low voltage triggers a reset from what happened to me and what I have read. Too bad the OD isn't as sensitive - That would be a recall!

So you may have to check your grounds, battery cables and test the batteries.

I know that a battery disconnect and "touch together" reset did not affect my hr meter.

Back