• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Humidity and 90 Degrees!

I have finally gotten the two new AC compressors mounted and oiled. I finally bought a scanner and the only thing it told me was that the "Wait to start" ignition failed and a code of PO381-3F. So, at this point the engine won't even try to fire up although the starter spins great! I am looking for the glow plugs at this point in time, and open to any and all suggestions.

I have finally gotten the two new AC compressors mounted and oiled. I finally bought a scanner and the only thing it told me was that the "Wait to start" ignition failed and a code of PO381-3F. So, at this point the engine won't even try to fire up although the starter spins great! I am looking for the glow plugs at this point in time, and open to any and all suggestions.
Would that have a grid style intake air heater, like on the Cummins ?
I dont remember which engine is within this chassis.
Let us know that information.

Would that have a grid style intake air heater, like on the Cummins ?
I dont remember which engine is within this chassis.
Let us know that information.
The intake has an air heater and MAF sensor. The connection has 5 pins. I read Ohms
with the two outside pins but no connection to the center pin. I hope this helps.

It is definitely not a grid type intake. I wish that it had been because if it was the
T-shirt would not have been sucked into the air intake. Using a borrow scanner it
says that with code P O 381-3F I have a glow plug problem and the wait-to-start ignition.
failed. I can only get to the removal of three glow plugs, and they check ok. They even begin
to get warm using a 1 1/2 volt D cell for current. So, at this point, I am dead in the water.
"HELP!"

Last edited:
The question has not been answered, what vehicle and what engine ?
Cant help much unless that information is provided.
Next question: were You able to retrieve the entire T shirt ?
That is some info you did not provide on the initial posting.

The question has not been answered, what vehicle and what engine ?
Cant help much unless that information is provided.
Next question: were You able to retrieve the entire T shirt ?
That is some info you did not provide on the initial posting.
Yest the T-shirt was fully intact. This is a 6.6l Duramax LLY engine.
VIB #iGDJ5V1255F50602 4904 WITH DUAL SYSTEMS.

Back