• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heavy had some work to do today....

xxRes1cuexx

Recruit
Reaction score
Kid that I pull with told me that if I could get the Bronco out of the swamp, I could have it. Blown motor, and trans, and a flat. Drove the truck out there with the trailer on and winched it on. She was so buried I had to use a snatch block on a 12k winch. Weighed in at 13840 and 8840 unloaded. Although I got out to undo my straps, and the scale went up 200 lbs, and I weigh almost 290.

jew015.jpg

jew016.jpg

jew017.jpg

jew020.jpg

jew024.jpg

jew026.jpg

Looks like you have been getting a bunch of rain at your location. Not even a challenge for the Chevy to haul the ford....right?

We had been getting hammered with rain, even flood, and the meltdown didnt help the situation. The truck handled it well, even though the bronco didnt look it, but it weighed in a 5500, not much for the trailer to handle. Ive hauled plenty of loads more than that, thats how I make my side money is hauling cars and cattle. Last load that scared me was my xt190 allis chalmers on a 9 ton construction trailer. Little overweight, but was fine for the short haul.

Back